No announcement yet.

How fast is your mile?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast is your mile?

How fast can you run a mile? I'm pretty slow and run a 8 min mile. :/ Im trying get down to about 6:45

I do 4 miles in 26 minutes wich I think is quite good but I'm only 67k I think it depends on your size and how often you run

Comment

A few years back I did a 7:15 mile... Now I do a 9:50... (I weight 70lbs more than I did then.... I've let myself go a bit)

Comment

Its not really my best distance but my 2012 PB over the mile is 5:02.

I'm aiming to crack 5 mins in 2013.......

Comment

Mine is 6:48

Comment

ive only just started trying to run 1 mile as fast as I can after usually going for longer distances. both are good for different reasons.

i do this on a treadmill, my fastest is 7 mins. although the last time i tried I was due to finish sub 7 mins, around 6.50 and the treadmill cut out as i was running around 9.2mph and almost sent me flying.

im over 6ft and big build so im never going to be flying. i could get to around 6.30 though. not currently however, shin splints are no joke...

Comment

I' managed to get down to 4:43 in a road race, but am not confident that I'd be quite that fast on track. I felt ill afterwards, a max effort 1 mile really hurts!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                I' managed to get down to 4:43 in a road race, but am not confident that I'd be quite that fast on track. I felt ill afterwards, a max effort 1 mile really hurts!!
                no doubt. even when you're only running at 8 mph pace.

at the moment i start my workouts with a 1.5 mile run and i do it in 12 to 13 minutes.

Comment

I dunno but ****ing ****

I'm awful at running, i can cycle and swim pretty good but i just not built for running

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    I dunno but ****ing ****

I'm awful at running, i can cycle and swim pretty good but i just not built for running
                    rubbish.

just like anything it's one step at a time. start off walking, then add some jogging to your walking. before you know it you'll be running miles too. it's a wonderful way to relax.

the way you improved with your push-ups is the same way you'll improve with your running. i run 4.5 to 5 miles per day, every day. two years ago i was in such bad shape that i couldn't run three blocks without wanting to puke.

Comment

Working...
                    X