Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vid: Deontay Wilder fought an old, fat midget today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would think he'd have even fought the level of opposition that Seth Mitchell has fought already...

Keep racking that record up to sell to the public.

Comment

Wilder is a con job he'll do jack until the klits retire and even then he'll run from the likes of haye, price and even Fury

Comment

His management is a disgrace but to be fair he was supposed to fight Price who'd just beaten Hamer and even dropped him, that was a huge step up but Price pulled out.

Comment

This fight was made on like a weeks notice, he fought less than a month before so expecting a big step up in class is kind of odd, and he is still a developing prospect~ it is still only the beginning of the fourth year of his career when it should have been obvious watching his first pro fight he was 5 years away from a even decent challenge.

Would you rather of him not fought, because that would be the choice he didn't have to fight that dude on a weeks notice~ he chose to stay busy.

The flaws I still see in him are the ones that have always been there but he has been getting better and that is the main thing with a prospect~
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 09-11-2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Surely Team Wilder could have fought a better late replacement than McCreery but they choose to pick the safe opponent. My biggest gripe with Wilder's team is that they have no sense of calculated risk or they just don't have any faith in their guy.

They need to step him up against a tough journeyman like Jason Gavern. A guy who knows how to fight, will try to win and will test Wilder...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Surely Team Wilder could have fought a better late replacement than McCreery but they choose to pick the safe opponent. My biggest gripe with Wilder's team is that they have no sense of calculated risk or they just don't have any faith in their guy.

They need to step him up against a tough journeyman like Jason Gavern. A guy who knows how to fight, will try to win and will test Wilder...
              It wasn't a late replacement they made this fight 1 week before it happened, you make a fight on 1 week the opponent especially at heavy will likely be a clown.

Maybe he should step up but not in a fight that was made in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                It wasn't a late replacement they made this fight 1 week before it happened, you make a fight on 1 week the opponent especially at heavy will likely be a clown.

Maybe he should step up but not in a fight that was made in a week.
                I hope they step it up in the next fight; ****s gettin' old...I don't want to see another critical Earl Hickey Wilder thread...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  I hope they step it up in the next fight; ****s gettin' old...I don't want to see another critical Earl Hickey Wilder thread...
                  He'll always be a critic and he is not the only one. Wilder has an inordinate amount of critics for his actual level, especially compared to actual fans who either want to see more from him (like you) or are patient but understand he is a project that might not make it (like me).

The guy he beat before this clown Manswell, I remember a bunch of critics of Wilder were talking about how Wilder needed to stop him before other heavies did or he would get no respect~ well he knocked him out in one round and he did actually look good for Wilder but they were still real critical which is fine that is one way to look at it but I don't expect those people to stop being critical of Wilder even if he really makes it.
                  Last edited by The Gambler1981; 09-11-2012, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I was impressed with his performance in the Manswell fight. He fought with ferocity, didn't get hit anything and got the highlight reel KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

there ya go
                      This guy is the biggest disgrace in boxing bar none.

Why do people even go to his fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X