Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have your opinions on gun control laws changed over recent incidents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Automatic weapons used to be legal in the USA.

How many mass shootings were committed by automatic weapons back then.....
    Social media and other forms of media were not as big back then either. I know it ultimately is on the individual BUT the media is enough to make a crazy man go down right insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      I blame the media for this.
      There is a recorded correlation between how much the media turns a shooting spree into a cultural phenomenon/political debate and how many copycat crimes take place afterwards. They're really taking the bait on this one so I expect some aftershocks/copycats. They just keep offering insane people a way to become icons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        Well good luck with that argument.

You were better off talking about murders and crimes as a reason.

Gun culture is not even one of our biggest problems.

We got bigger issues than that
        Well, we have other issues, I don't know if they are more important. Like I said lets just have an honest debate in Congress so a compromise can be reached. I don't need or expect to wave a magic wand and get my way.

Comment

• Good guys will use guns for good, bad guys will use guns for bad. Restricting gun ownership only makes us a bigger target. If everyone had a gun, psychos would think twice before opening fire. Everyone would be more cautious around each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Well, we have other issues, I don't know if they are more important. Like I said lets just have an honest debate in Congress so a compromise can be reached. I don't need or expect to wave a magic wand and get my way.
            Oh we definitely have bigger issues than guns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Social media and other forms of media were not as big back then either. I know it ultimately is on the individual BUT the media is enough to make a crazy man go down right insane.
              The way the media is with all these shootings.....

Ppl don't realize murders are down.

Go figure.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                The gun control issue has been debated on numerous occasions, in congress, over the last 3 decades. The reason it rarely comes to an actual vote is that it is a losing issue for Democrats. As much as people cry about "right wingers" and their guns, it turns out a lot of Democrats like them too. A reintatement of the assualt weapon ban was voted on just a few years ago and it was easily defeated.

Hell I would love to see an actual vote on a new constututional amendment for gun control and watch it get beaten into a pulp because, never, and I mean never are you going to get 2/3 of the states to agree with it. This does'nt even get into the issue of having to **** all over the 10th amendment in order for the Feds to pass gun control laws without a constitutional amendment.
                DreamerUSA here's an updated list of who the gun rights lobby donates to. who is at the top during 2016 election cycle :

Paul Ryan $171,977 Republican Wisconsin, District 1

who is #1 since 1990:

Paul Ryan $336,597 Republican Wisconsin, District 1

https://www.politico.com/interactive...ress/?lo=ap_b1

Gun rights groups overwhelmingly support GOP candidates, contributing $5.9 million into Republican campaigns in the 2016 election cycle, compared with $106,000 to those of Democrats. It’s also the most money gun lobbyists have given in a campaign year since at least 1990.
                The Center for Responsive Politics, a nonpartisan think tank that tracks money in politics, found that in 2016 more than half of the members of the House of Representatives — or 232 of the 435 — received money from gun rights groups like the National Rifle Association and Gun Owners of America. That money went disproportionately to Republicans. Only nine Democrats received campaign contributions from these groups.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  I listed them, and linked to a source, earlier.

So I need to post it for you, again?

As for the rest, watch those personal attacks. First off, don't believe Addix, as he's shown himself to be full of **** many, many times over. Second, I don't know what this underage girl nonsense is. For whatever reason, Addix made that charge. But if you feel I'm a danger to choldren, feel free to inform law enforcement. I've done nothing illegal, and I'm sure you know it and are just resorting your typical insults.

i don't read your ****, loser. post it if it exists. it'd be very easy to prove yourself right if you were. and post the rates of mass shootings prior to and after the ban if you really want to actually be objective.

and i'll attack you personally all i want, diddler.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i don't read your ****, loser. post it if it exists. it'd be very easy to prove yourself right if you were. and post the rates of mass shootings prior to and after the ban if you really want to actually be objective.

and i'll attack you personally all i want, diddler.
                    Tell him to stop trying to take away your 1st amendment rights. He after all a Constitutional scholar.

Comment

• Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                      ........you’d remain perfectly sane and noble if the girl of your dreams, love of your life cheated on you?
                      well it would never happen first of all because i make sure to dick them down really good,thats the most important step to avoid getting cheated on. now if i was an emasculated beta male like hectari (whos gf cheating on him with a BBC), perhaps i'd be a lot more angry. but i'm not a weak low test male so my first intention wouldn't be to go load up my 19 assault rifles and start mowing people down because "i got mad doe".

Comment

Working...
                      X