No announcement yet.

Nishioka to attend Donaire fight this weekend and issue challenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nishioka to attend Donaire fight this weekend and issue challenge

Toshiaki Nishioka will be attending WBO super bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire, Jr.'s title unification bout against Jeffrey Mathebula this Saturday, July 7, at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California.

Nishioka left Japan on Tuesday en route to Mexico to receive his WBC Emeritus Champion belt. Nishioka will be arriving in Los Angeles Thursday evening, and will be staying in the same hotel as as Donaire. Nishioka expects Donaire to win and plans on calling him out to fight him face to face at some point after the fight.

"I believe in the fight with me and Donaire will happen this year, so I will be watching and studying Donaire’s fight very closely at ring side," Donaire told BOXING MOBILE JAPAN in an interview. "Yes, I expect him to win the fight on Saturday, then right after the fight or at the post presscon or in the dressing room, I will congratulate him and tell him to fight me next," he added.

Barring an upset or a major injury, a showdown with Nishioka looks very promising for Donaire to close out the year. Donaire is very open to fighting the long-tenured Japanese champion, and believes that it can be made.

http://www.examiner.com/article/excl...ssue-challenge

Hopefully it's like the Mayweather-Marquez post fight interview where Mosley goes into the ring and challenges Floydette and they nearly brawl right there.

WARNAIRE!

Comment

Rigo or Nishioka next and im happy

Comment

Get it done..... Nishi been on the sidelines too long......

Comment

i hope this is the next fight for donaire...donaire i think challenged nishioka earlier but nishioka declined because he wasn't willing to fight until late 2012..and apparently bob arum and nishioka's promotional company have a good working relationship. so i can definitely see this happening.

Comment

Donaire better man up. If his next fight is arce and not nishioka he is a joke

Comment

Nishioka is an excellent fighter, Donaire should definitely fight him, would be a great fight as both fighter seem willing to trade

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                Get it done..... Nishi been on the sidelines too long......
                And if he does indeed challenge Donaire and they end up fighting, I hope ring rust doesn't screw him over. I think he said he wanted this fight to be his last? I wonder he will even give a **** about it and just show up for the check =/.

Comment

We have to let the fight with Nishioka marinate. For now Donaire has to rise to the challenge of the very dangerous Jorge Arce.

--Bob Arum

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    And if he does indeed challenge Donaire and they end up fighting, I hope ring rust doesn't screw him over. I think he said he wanted this fight to be his last? I wonder he will even give a **** about it and just show up for the check =/.
                    Very real possibilty..... But its not like Nishioka was injured or anything he just wanted a break..... That's his own doing.... If/when they do fight the best man will win

Comment

Working...
                    X