Comments Thread For: Ward-Dawson: Both Sides Working Hard To Finalize Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    That's what I'm thinking also.
    Yea, I'm thinking that as well. I would love to see Ward go up and take Dawson's title.

Comment

dawson will whoop this punk at his own weight class lol

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
        Yea, I'm thinking that as well. I would love to see Ward go up and take Dawson's title.
        I'd prefer 175 but if Dawson can make 168 healthily I'm ok with it.

But, I just don't think he can.

Comment

The fight should be at 175 so that nobody is weight drained. Ward can come in at 170 or so if he likes, that shouldn't be too bad for him.

Comment

Pound for pound best hug and holder in the world takes the win.

Comment

i went to both fights ward vs frotch in december and hopkins vs dawson last month, i had great seats to both.
              i would be the first to buy ward vs dawson @ atlantic city.

Comment

Why are people saying "No respect for Ward if fight is at 68"? Dawson is the one who's been saying not only recently, but for YEARS that "Oh, I can make 68, I'll go down to 68 no problem" I could understand if Ward was like "68, or no fight" or something around those lines, but he's not.

Dawson seems pretty adamant about being able to make SMW, therefor I'd take HIS word over anyone else's. Although, I too would indeed love to see Ward move up to fight for THE lineal LHW championship. I mean, Ward won the gold medal at LHW, therefor if Dawson said "Catch-weight or at 75, or no fight" Ward would do it in a heart beat, don't get why people seem to think and/or feel otherwise. I believe Ward's proven his worth thus far.

Either way, 68/75/catch-weight, it's a GREAT fight for the HARDCORE boxing enthusiast. Technical pugilistic prestige at the highest echelons of the sport. If fight happens I will make an analysis, but I'm taking Ward by something like an 116-112 UD where he'll smother Dawson's range and won't allow him to get room to utilize his jab. In the early rounds I expect Dawson's athleticism and range and length to eek out some of the early rounds, but down the stretch Ward will work him over inside.

Comment

let me get this straight...two world champions want to face each other!!!!
                  wow how can anyone complain? plus these guys aren't paper champs and aren't ducking no one!! alla canelo/Chavez jr...
                  great to see champs who wanna fight mad props

Comment

What I'm wondering is how Dawson-Ward will fit into HBO's September Calendar especially with that Canelo Sept 15th PPV lined up

Comment

Not gonna happen soon

Comment

Working...
                      X