Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official: "Good Boy" Golovkin vs "Canelo" Alvarez II RbR Thread - Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    I hopes he doesnt rematch him, we know he won. the history books will say draw. but that doesnt matter boxing fans in 50 years will watch the tape and know who won, in the same way that we can watch black and white footage from the 40/50's and see corruption and robberies from that era.

Knock out ******* saunders, and either retire as unified MW champion, or move up to 168.

It isn't about us knowing who really won, it's about Canelo continuing to receive that hellacious beating he was getting at the hands of Golovkin.

GGG will finish him with a statement the way Ward did to Kovalev and the way Rungvisai did to Gonzalez.

Comment

The poll speaks for itself. The people know who the better fighter is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
        LMAO they're pathetic bro
        If course we want a rematch you knucklehead..Just have it before Golovkin is sporting a grey beard...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          If course we want a rematch you knucklehead..Just have it before Golovkin is sporting a grey beard...

GGG could walk out of a coffin and stop Canela.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
            SO much this.

I voted GGG to win before this fight tonight, and I just voted GGG to win the rematch. But I scored it for Canelo tonight 7-5. This was no robbery either way.

GGG will pressure Canelo from the opening bell in fight 2. Should make the difference for him.

Canelo still has conditioning problems, if he can somehow fix those he would be much much better and probably beat GGG cleaner next time. If his conditioning is still bad, he needs to come forward a lot more and work the body twice as much to sap the bigger GGG.
            I just watched it again with no commentary and nobody influencing me (like when you watch with people) and I had Canelo winning 116-113. That was a close 116-113 though, I could see someone having GGG winning by a point or a draw, but in NO WAY was this a robbery. My main reason for scoring it for him was he was just landing harder punches. Yeah GGG was throwing more but he was missing a ton and didn't hurt Saul once. At first I just thought it was the GGGroupies who were crying robbery but now I see even more people saying he clearly won. I suggest some of you watch it without the HBO cheerleading. It'll seem TOTALLY different.

Two things stuck out - First of all how easy Canelo made Triple G miss and then how he got tired which allowed the fight become closer than it would've been if his conditioning was better. Plus he kept letting GGG back him up on the ropes but barely threw any uppercuts, that could've been the key punch in this fight and we barely saw it. Either way I favor Canelo in the rematch. I feel like this fight GGG kept doing the same thing over and over and he never capitalized on it. Maybe because he was giving too much respect or whatever but he'll do better next time for sure because he'll be confident from this fight. I dunno what GGG can do differently to be honest. Besides be more aggressive, his average defense really got exposed in this fight. I also thought he looked plodding/slow at times.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
              I just watched it again with no commentary and nobody influencing me (like when you watch with people) and I had Canelo winning 116-113. That was a close 116-113 though, I could see someone having GGG winning by a point or a draw, but in NO WAY was this a robbery. My main reason for scoring it for him was he was just landing harder punches. Yeah GGG was throwing more but he was missing a ton and didn't hurt Saul once. At first I just thought it was the GGGroupies who were crying robbery but now I see even more people saying he clearly won. I suggest some of you watch it without the HBO cheerleading. It'll seem TOTALLY different.

Two things stuck out - First of all how easy Canelo made Triple G miss and then how he got tired which allowed the fight become closer than it would've been if his conditioning was better. Plus he kept letting GGG back him up on the ropes but barely threw any uppercuts, that could've been the key punch in this fight and we barely saw it. Either way I favor Canelo in the rematch. I feel like this fight GGG kept doing the same thing over and over and he never capitalized on it. Maybe because he was giving too much respect or whatever but he'll do better next time for sure because he'll be confident from this fight. I dunno what GGG can do differently to be honest. Besides be more aggressive, his average defense really got exposed in this fight. I also thought he looked plodding/slow at times.
              I find this very hard to believe, because HBO made most of the blocked and rolled shots seem like they landed cleanly. Watch it again. Most of the body shots and head shots Canelo threw were blocked. It's crazy how many people don't recognize defense when they see it, he doesn't even throw that fast.

Hitting gloves in a guard, and elbows when throwing to the body = blocked shots = don't count.

Was getting pretty frustrated at Max Kellerman calling so many blocked shots clean early on.

And plodding? few fighters cut off the ring as effectively as Golovkin today. It's like we watched two different fights. Canelo couldn't get away from Golovkin. Just because Canelo would turn his head right to slip right hands now and then doesn't mean he wasn't getting mauled for most of that fight.

Comment

i think its 50/50 canelo fights ggg again..

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  I find this very hard to believe, because HBO made most of the blocked and rolled shots seem like they landed cleanly. Watch it again. Most of the body shots and head shots Canelo threw were blocked. It's crazy how many people don't recognize defense when they see it, he doesn't even throw that fast.

Hitting gloves in a guard, and elbows when throwing to the body = blocked shots = don't count.

Was getting pretty frustrated at Max Kellerman calling so many blocked shots clean early on.

And plodding? few fighters cut off the ring as effectively as Golovkin today. It's like we watched two different fights. Canelo couldn't get away from Golovkin. Just because Canelo would turn his head right to slip right hands now and then doesn't mean he wasn't getting mauled for most of that fight.
                  That's why we saw 2 different fights because you watched it with commentary and I watched it without. If you watch it with commentary subconsciously you're bound to see it differently when Lampley is calling punches that aren't landing for the house fighter and ignoring clean shots for the other guy. I watched it in silence and thought Canelo landed better/harder shots which makes the difference in a close fight like this. I can't understand how anyone could seriously have this as a robbery. Triple G was busier but a lot of it was ineffective plus he got his head snapped back several times and never hurt Canelo once in the whole fight.

GGG is good at cutting off the ring but he was struggling badly to land clean shots and looked slow at times. At no point was Canelo hurt or in trouble, neither was GGG either really but I just thought Canelo was more effective which is a difference maker when it's this close. It was a very close fight but I really can't find more than 6 rounds to give to GGG. You could argue a draw but to say he got robbed or clearly won is reaching to say the least. I don't see how you could argue it.

It's like someone posted earlier, you can't just give someone rounds based on them coming forward. A lot of times GGG would throw 8-10 shots and land barely any of them and get countered clean. I need to see the rematch but all these people crying robbery need to stop being ridiculous. Especially the trolls who have only been following the sport for a year or two at the most. They're clueless.
                  Last edited by JK1700; 09-17-2017, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                    That's why we saw 2 different fights because you watched it with commentary and I watched it without. If you watch it with commentary subconsciously you're bound to see it differently when Lampley is calling punches that aren't landing for the house fighter and ignoring clean shots for the other guy. I watched it in silence and thought Canelo landed better/harder shots which makes the difference in a close fight like this. I can't understand how anyone could seriously have this as a robbery. Triple G was busier but a lot of it was ineffective plus he got his head snapped back several times and never hurt Canelo once in the whole fight.

GGG is good at cutting off the ring but he was struggling badly to land clean shots and looked slow at times. At no point was Canelo hurt or in trouble, neither was GGG either really but I just thought Canelo was more effective which is a difference maker when it's this close. It was a very close fight but I really can't find more than 6 rounds to give to GGG. You could argue a draw but to say he got robbed or clearly won is reaching to say the least. I don't see how you could argue it.
                    You missed my point, I watched it with volume but I didn't let the commentary sway me, or I wouldn't have caught on to how incredibly off it was from the get-go lol.

I gave Canelo 4 rounds, my card was slightly off from Ledermans. His only clear rounds are 2,3, and 12.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      You missed my point, I watched it with volume but I didn't let the commentary sway me, or I wouldn't have caught on to how incredibly off it was from the get-go lol.

I gave Canelo 4 rounds, my card was slightly off from Ledermans. His only clear rounds are 2,3, and 12.
                      I mean their commentary is always off so I guess you don't need to listen to it to know that watching it without is the only way to go when judging a close fight. Plus it makes you pay more attention to the visuals since there's no audio.

I mean if we're talking close rounds neither guy won many rounds that clearly, you could say 4 each then the other 4 were close. I guess we gotta agree to disagree but I just thought Canelo landed the better punches in the fight. I felt like GGG was busier but not effective enough for it to mean he should've won. Not clearly anyway. Bring on the rematch and hopefully an immediate one so we can stop seeing/hearing all this crying from people like it's the worst decision ever. SMH half of this forum must've started watching boxing just a few months ago.
                      Last edited by JK1700; 09-17-2017, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X