Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers that would / would of been p4p or all-time greats with just one more tool

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    enzo? seriously? enzo being garbage comes down to more than his glass jaw. dude could be like a CW lamotta with his chin and he still wouldnt be an atg. he just doesnt have the skills or even the physical talent for it, bcuz lets be real his skills are garbage. enzo is not even one of the 10 best CWs of his own era and you talking atg?

miguel cotto is an atg, or will be when its all said and done. his staioma is good too, dont have a clue what you are talking about.

ortiz isnt good enough to be an atg even if he was mentally stronger. hes a good athlete but hes not a good boxer, his skills are weak and his boxing intelligence too. he will look good against lesser opponents and otherfighters who rely entirely on athletisism. but against a real well rounded fighter with skills at the highest level ortiz could never compete regardless of his mental state.

speed, power and size is a fraction of what makes a good fighter. skills and intellgence is the key to this sport and ortiz has neither.
    Cotto is not an ATG

Comment

Carl Froch - handspeed

Comment

I know he's already an ATG and P4P, but I still think if Tommy Hearns would have had a good chin he would be thought of as a top 5 P4P

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          zab Judah if he wasn't a head case as well. mike tyson easily. he's nowhere near as great as he should have been.
          What tool you think prime Mike Tyson was missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
            I know he's already an ATG and P4P, but I still think if Tommy Hearns would have had a good chin he would be thought of as a top 5 P4P
            Very true. He would have a win over prime sugar ray Leanord if his chin was stable

Comment

James Toney had it all, except for self control.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathiaz View Post
                James Toney had it all, except for self control.
                Yeah. I think he was really self controlled inside the ring but outside of the ring was his problem. He was still top of p4p rankings at one time and could be listed somewhere on an ATG list (very very low )

Comment

Does anybody ever think of where paulie malignaggi wouldve been if he had more power in his punches. The guy has almost all the tools, good speed, chin and balls to fight everyone they place in front of him, something that some of the divas of today lack

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    enzo? seriously? enzo being garbage comes down to more than his glass jaw. dude could be like a CW lamotta with his chin and he still wouldnt be an atg. he just doesnt have the skills or even the physical talent for it, bcuz lets be real his skills are garbage. enzo is not even one of the 10 best CWs of his own era and you talking atg?

miguel cotto is an atg, or will be when its all said and done. his staioma is good too, dont have a clue what you are talking about.

ortiz isnt good enough to be an atg even if he was mentally stronger. hes a good athlete but hes not a good boxer, his skills are weak and his boxing intelligence too. he will look good against lesser opponents and otherfighters who rely entirely on athletisism. but against a real well rounded fighter with skills at the highest level ortiz could never compete regardless of his mental state.

speed, power and size is a fraction of what makes a good fighter. skills and intellgence is the key to this sport and ortiz has neither.
                    LMFAO!!!!!! Funniest shit I've read today.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
                      Does anybody ever think of where paulie malignaggi wouldve been if he had more power in his punches. The guy has almost all the tools, good speed, chin and balls to fight everyone they place in front of him, something that some of the divas of today lack
                      Heart, chin, boxing IQ. I do think part of the reason he's a good boxer is based on adapting to his lack of power. I almost think that boxers like him and pernell Whitaker would become less effective with power if that makes sense

Comment

Working...
                      X