Collapse
No announcement yet.

40 Minute Gypsy 'Bare-Knuckle' Fight With No Rest + Press Conf In Pub! [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, but I prefer the Joe Joyce who's taking on Tom Little at the O2 Arena.

Comment

Not to be confused with the British Joe Joyce was recenly turned pro as a Heavyweight. He won gold at the 2014 Commonwealth games and Silver at the Summer Olympics 2016.

That is who I thought you meant at first, was a bit confused

Comment

Some of my observations:

What the **** is with those two clowns who constantly got in between the action? Also, why is 'infighting' not allowed?

Fighting on a hard surface like concrete is ****ing ******ed.

Joyce is not a terrible boxer considering how bad some of these bare knucklers appear to be. He had a powerful snapping jab and he worked off of it nicely with his other punches...

What a brutal sport. Nevin's face was a bloody, cut up and bruised mess. That guy is going to have both lasting physical and mental scars from this fight.

Comment

'bare knuckle' but they are using hand wraps???

also are they actually Irish, they sound like someone doing a parody of a bad irish accent

i lasted 8 minutes...for the past 5 minutes the 2 reffs keep telling them to shake hands mid fight ???

LMAO the post fight pub fight is amazing

Tyson should fight the gorilla back for his comeback!
          Last edited by mlac; 12-20-2017, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            a few observations:

3. tyson fury is this culture's greatest accomplishment. think about that for a second.
            In fairness there are only about 60,000 or so irish travellers in the UK. So what, 30,000 men and boys.

Having the current lineal HW champion and a fringe contender (Hughie Fury) also Martin JWard (Euro Champion at SFW) and probably others im forgetting isnt bad going.

If you count romany gypsies and irish travellers in Ireland as well youve got Billy Joe Saunders and Andy Lee as current and recent MW contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              In fairness there are only about 60,000 or so irish travellers in the UK. So what, 30,000 men and boys.

Having the current lineal HW champion and a fringe contender (Hughie Fury) also Martin JWard (Euro Champion at SFW) and probably others im forgetting isnt bad going.

If you count romany gypsies and irish travellers in Ireland as well youve got Billy Joe Saunders and Andy Lee as current and recent MW contenders.
              yep, and hosea burton and issac lowe, both decent british/fringe euro level fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                OK, as a Yank I just can't hate on this, thanks for sharing, it's something I never took a long look at (mind you, I had to fast forward through it), but it was interesting in an animal kinda way.

You could see the holes in their game, and limited skills, but the basic footwork and body placement was decent, I guess it has to be learned for the survival aspect of that game. Me personally, if it's bare knuckle why have the wraps? My thinking is if you want to go "animal", go pure, and if you got pvssy wrists don't get in the game.

Still, I can't deny it was interesting, although I can barely make out WTF they're saying.

I can see Fury coming from that, but I don't see BJS being cut from that cloth.

Fury had about 35 bare knuckle fights if I remember correctly and BJS had around 20 but in this video he's one of the referees..

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Some of my observations:

What the **** is with those two clowns who constantly got in between the action? Also, why is 'infighting' not allowed?

Fighting on a hard surface like concrete is ****ing ******ed.

Joyce is not a terrible boxer considering how bad some of these bare knucklers appear to be. He had a powerful snapping jab and he worked off of it nicely with his other punches...

What a brutal sport. Nevin's face was a bloody, cut up and bruised mess. That guy is going to have both lasting physical and mental scars from this fight.
                  Once the fighters have gone a few minutes the referees briefly attempt to diffuse the fight at random moments, and periodically offer the opportunity for one or both men to quit the fight. That's why they keep stepping in saying "will you shake on it" so that if a fighter has had enough he's given an option to pull out. They want to avoid any life-threatening injuries to happen as much as possible.

The reason they break up the action when a clinch happens is because there's a chance it'll turn into more of a street fight, with headbutts, gouges, throws, wrestling, kicks if one of the fighters is getting beaten up too much at close range. In that scenario, with the crowd which is comprised of people from each of the opposing sides, if some form of "cheating" happens then there's a chance someone will get pissed, jump in and a riot will break out between everyone.

Comment

That guy in the singlet had a 0% work rate. Why did he even bother showing up?

This is super low level stuff. Anyone got any footage of Fury or Saunders fighting? They would obliterate the guys in that video.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      a few observations:

1. that is not english

2. chest-beard could probably beat wilder

3. tyson fury is this culture's greatest accomplishment. think about that for a second.

4. that place might have the worst weather ever

5. saunders looks like every single one of those guys.

6. grey shirt was more handsome at the end of the fight.
                      Don't depend on the youtube closed captions for accuracy.. lol
                      "I do know that I have two sons who can fight" translates to "I don't know higher pus*y recent fight"

Comment

Working...
                      X