No announcement yet.

Mayweather/Canelo 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    no chance at all. floyd is done!! and like i said, if for some weird reason that he return, it will be against a completely new guy that will pose very to no risk for floyd. at this stage, he is not looking to fight top contender.
    But Floyd's the one who thinks very little of GGG's skill. To him, he probably thinks it would take only a moderate amount of effort to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
      But Floyd's the one who thinks very little of GGG's skill. To him, he probably thinks it would take only a moderate amount of effort to beat him.
      do you really believe that? he also said pac was one dimensional prior to fighting him. im not a fan of floyd but he knows his boxing. if it was easy, then it would have happen already.

Comment

do you really believe that? he also said pac was one dimensional prior to fighting him. im not a fan of floyd but he knows his boxing. if it was easy, then it would have happen already.
        That's rather short-sighted. And I don't recall him ever saying Pac was one-dimensional, if he ever did, it was just trash talk. His opinion about Golovkin has always seemed pretty genuine.

Comment

That's rather short-sighted. And I don't recall him ever saying Pac was one-dimensional, if he ever did, it was just trash talk. His opinion about Golovkin has always seemed pretty genuine.
          so for pac its just trash talk but when it comes to ggg, he's being serious?? LOL. look, floyd will be floyd. you expect floyd to give ggg credit when ggg is rival to canelo, who floyd beat and is suppose to be one of floyd's best win?

"Can Manny Pacquiao beat me?" he asked a Sky reporter afterwards. "Absolutely not. Easy work, easy fight. I don't see no versatility in Manny Pacquiao. I see just a fighter, you know, a good puncher, but just one dimension".

Comment

so for pac its just trash talk but when it comes to ggg, he's being serious?? LOL. look, floyd will be floyd. you expect floyd to give ggg credit when ggg is rival to canelo, who floyd beat and is suppose to be one of floyd's best win?

"Can Manny Pacquiao beat me?" he asked a Sky reporter afterwards. "Absolutely not. Easy work, easy fight. I don't see no versatility in Manny Pacquiao. I see just a fighter, you know, a good puncher, but just one dimension".
            He knew back then that Pac was his biggest rival and that he was always gonna have to fight him eventually. Plus, that was at the height of his "Money" Mayweather days when he was a rapid **** talker. The Golovkin talk came around/after his retirement, when he seemed more genuine with his criticisms of fighters.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with Floyd, but I can see why a technical boxer like him would think Golovkin is too limited to beat him.

Comment

He knew back then that Pac was his biggest rival and that he was always gonna have to fight him eventually. Plus, that was at the height of his "Money" Mayweather days when he was a rapid **** talker. The Golovkin talk came around/after his retirement, when he seemed more genuine with his criticisms of fighters.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with Floyd, but I can see why a technical boxer like him would think Golovkin is too limited to beat him.
              but you said you think floyd will come back out of retirement to fight ggg.

so going by your logic, floyd is only saying ggg is one dimensional because he knows he's gonna fight him eventually like with manny??? thats what you said regarding what floyd said about pac being one dimensional.

Comment

did you miss the press for floyd vs conor? was floyd not talking shiiet? LOL

Comment

floyd will not give ggg credit because ggg is seen as a threat to canelo which floyd beat! so if ggg beat canelo worst then that's gonna make floyd's win over canelo seem less meaningful.

look at what floyd said about pac vs cotto. floyd completely discredit that fight saying pac fought a drained and damaged cotto, BUT when floyd fought cotto years later and beat him, all of a sudden cotto was a true champion and is NOT damage anymore?

I don't see no versatility in Manny Pacquiao. I see just a fighter, you know, a good puncher, but just one dimension.I'm not saying Cotto wasn't a good fight. But he's been in a lot of wars - floyd mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Mayweather had to weight-drain a green 21 year old to 152, there's no way he's fighting an experienced 160 Canelo. If he hadn't weight-drained Canelo in the first fight there's no guarantee he would have won the first time around. It was obvious that the weight-draining effected Canelo quite badly, he was sluggish and his reflexes weren't on point.
                    Nah, canelo was simply too green. Right now canelo would ko floyd, he learned the value of a strong body attack after that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      Nah, canelo was simply too green. Right now canelo would ko floyd, he learned the value of a strong body attack after that fight.
                      no version of canelo will beat floyd. too flat footed to chase floyd down.

Comment

Working...
                      X