Mauricio “Shogun” Rua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mauricio “Shogun” Rua

Chris Insinna

* Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson are likely to rematch at the UFC’s year-end pay-per-view event on December 27th in Las Vegas. In their first meeting Rua defeated Jackson via first-round KO at PRIDE Total Elimination 2005 in April 2005.

* Georges St-Pierre and Jon Fitch were each awarded $60,000 “Fight of the Night” bonuses for their five-round main event battle at UFC 87. Demian Maia took home an additional $60,000 “Submission of the Night” bonus for his third-round rear naked choke victory over Jason MacDonald and Rob Emerson received a $60,000 “Knockout of the Night” bonus for his 12-second knockout victory over “The Ultimate Fighter 5″ runner-up Manny Gamburyan.

* UFC 87 “Seek and Destroy” had an official attendance of 15,082 for a venue-record live gate of $2.2 million.

* No BJ vs GSP in Montreal, Oh, the highs and lows of being a UFC fan. Right on the heels of GSP vs Penn being set up, we’re now getting official word from the UFC that their fight probably won’t be in Montreal. At least I was prepared for this … we realized on Friday that the Montreal ****heads hockey team were gonna be monopolizing the only decent arena in Quebec for pretty much all of November and December. But it still sucks. Now everyone is holding their breath to see if they book GSP vs Penn in Vegas for New Years Eve. If that happens, I might just have to sell my first born into a sex slave ring to get there. But if I don’t, I suppose it’s not that huge of a deal. 2009 is looking like it’s going to be mad stacked with ******ed bouts. Wanderlei, Chuck, Anderson, BJ, and Georges are all going to be busy with big name fights all year.

I really hope Rua stays healthy. If I were to pick one mixed martial artist whose style I liked the most it would be his.

Comment

thanks for the updates palma seems like this is the place for all my info on mma......sure hope that fight gets made i got gsp by submission in the 3rd.......then that would hopefully set up what in my mind would be the biggest fight thus far silva vs. gsp....anyways good to hear rampage is booked to fight hopefully his focus on training will help out in this terrible time he's facing....

Comment

oh and damn is that fitch's face after gsp fight?....didnt catch the fight but OMG that looks brutal....

Comment

i hope shoguns injuries are behind him now. if he can stay healthy, he can rule that division. shogun is a complete fighter and his style is awesome to watch.

Comment

Im sure this guy will be back soon enough and top the division at some point.

Comment

Working...
            X