Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley was downright biased and terrible during the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching the fight with mostly casual fans who don't know much about boxing and even they were like "huh?" when Lampley was hyping up everything Ortiz was doing. But I love Lampley, he's a very dramatic commentator and I think he brings a lot of excitement to the crew. I would die of boredom listening to the half-asleep Larry Merchant, or the mumbling know-it-all Emmanuel Stewart.

Lampley, Kellerman, Jones is the best combination of commentating.

Comment

Lampley is alright tho hes a funny guy and not a hater imo

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
        I normally have no issues with Lampey. But his commentary for this fight was downright terrible. It can't go unnoticed. I mean how do you defend the clip I posted?
        He miscalled a punch... It happens.

Comment

I never seen a guy so pro fighter. I mean he was going nuts everytime Ortiz landed a punch yet the majority of them missed. Here's a perfect example.

I think those that reporting seeing Ortiz being competative in the fight where actually hearing the fight rather then seeing. That would explained the Ortiz and Pac fan's skewed perspective views of fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
            I have seen a lot of Floyd's fights and a lot of Lampley's commentary on those. He is usually quite lavish in his praise of Floyd and his style and skill. Maybe I am missing the nuances, but you showed a very small clip of Jim's remarks about Ortiz as though it is wrong of him to compliment Floyd's opponent.
            I 100% agree though. My point was why was he so biased and off in this fight? Lampley has always been fair to Mayweather...ALWAYS. yet in this fight from the get go he was clearly Ortiz...thsi cannot be denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotteskrieger View Post
              He miscalled a punch... It happens.
              it wasn't just this incident....

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                I think those that reporting seeing Ortiz being competative in the fight where actually hearing the fight rather then seeing. That would explained the Ortiz and Pacfan's skewed perspective views on fights.
                just click and it'll take you to where i want you to see it

Comment

I don't think Lampley is biased. There's been plenty of times when Lampley has put Merchant in his place.

I think Lampley is the last honest thing standing on HBO commentary. Steward doesn't have the balls to stand up to Merchant. Lampley does. He's got my respect.

Comment

it wasn't just this incident....
                    I could ask for more examples, but to be honest I'm not that nitpicky and I don't particularly care.

I appreciate Lamps energy, and I’m not the type of the fan that needs to be told what it is I’m seeing.

Turn the volume down if he bothers you so much.

Comment

I never seen a guy so pro fighter. I mean he was going nuts everytime Ortiz landed a punch yet the majority of them missed. Here's a perfect example.

Totally biased and delusional. I can't stand Jim Lampley. He is full of contradiction and ridiculousness.

Comment

Working...
                      X