Are Boxers the Most Jacked Athletes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Boxers the Most Jacked Athletes?

http://www.muscleprodigy.com/which-s...arcl-1831.html

I find this list pretty interesting except boxing got snubbed! I would 100% put boxers ahead of MMA fighters and wrestlers. I think overall they have a better core and have more lean muscle mass. I find MMA fighters and wrestlers to be overweight at times. Besides a few boxers, they are mainly just straight shredded. Also...is it just me or is Timothy Bradley just straight ripped. I don't think any boxer emulates that physique.

there is no physically demanding sport out there like boxing

the amount of work a top tier boxer puts in for one fight it amazing

Comment

If you read the article it talks about muscle mass, being "jacked".

Boxers aren't jacked at all, on the contrary, they are as lean as they can possibly be.

You see pics of Margarito, Klitchko, Pacman or other ripped fighters and think they are jacked but they are not. They are ripped and down to very little body fat but will rehydrate in 24 hours and look different.

These other athletes like sprinters, wrestlers, gymnasts, have muscle gain because weight isn't as much of an issue or in the case of wrestlers, they need to be strong for grappling.

Boxers aren't necessarily strong like wrestlers, they have strong punches but I bet you most can't bench press a ton of weight.

I boxed all my life and never lifted weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        If you read the article it talks about muscle mass, being "jacked".

Boxers aren't jacked at all, on the contrary, they are as lean as they can possibly be.

You see pics of Margarito, Klitchko, Pacman or other ripped fighters and think they are jacked but they are not. They are ripped and down to very little body fat but will rehydrate in 24 hours and look different.

These other athletes like sprinters, wrestlers, gymnasts, have muscle gain because weight isn't as much of an issue or in the case of wrestlers, they need to be strong for grappling.

Boxers aren't necessarily strong like wrestlers, they have strong punches but I bet you most can't bench press a ton of weight.

I boxed all my life and never lifted weights.
        if you add some weight training to your boxing it will make a word of difference. just make sure to keep them somewhat light and lots of reps so u can get them long leans muscle needed for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by r3robinson View Post
          if you add some weight training to your boxing it will make a word of difference. just make sure to keep them somewhat light and lots of reps so u can get them long leans muscle needed for boxing.

lol duely noted...

did you not read the part where he said "he boxed all his life"

that's a translation for "he doesn't need your advice"

Comment

ask butterbean

Comment

Don't worry, we won "The Toughest Sport In The World" contest in ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

Boxing
              Ice Hockey
              Football
              Basketball
              Wrestling
              Martial Arts
              Tennis
              Gymnastics
              Baseball/Softball
              Soccer
              Skiing: Alpine
              Water Polo
              Rugby
              Lacrosse
              Rodeo: Steer Wrestling

This was determined by a panel from sports scientists from the United States Olympic Committee.

Comment

Notice how when Paul Williams retires he says he's gonna be fishing every day. In that page Boxing is the toughest sport and fishing is the least toughest sport. Williams will go from the toughest sport, to the least toughest sport. Only Paul Williams can do this.

Comment

I cant see how Table Tennis is "tougher" than track and field weights and Kayaking. :s

Comment

Boxers are the most lean/ripped, not bulky.

Boxing is the only place you'll find somebody 6'2 154 lbs and healthy lol

Comment

Working...
                    X