No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael sucks much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Rafael sucks much?

Dan Rafael is the primary columnist for ESPN.com's boxing coverage. Recently, he has become both insufferably arrogant and just plain wrong. Today's chat brings us, yet another, example:

Melinda: Butte,MT: If Mayweather/DelaHoya II happens, then Floyd should be stripped of his #1 pound-for-pound status. He will not only have fought none of the elite(Cotto,Williams,Margarito) in his divison, but he will be fighting no one that will prove that hes still the pound-for-pound king. At least we have Pacquiao/Marquez II which makes a hell of alot more sense then Mayweather/DelaHoya II.

Dan Rafael: Apparently, the air is in Butte. Get real.

What is the point of this answer Dan. Melinda made a point. You can agree with or disagree with it. You can even go as far as giving reasons for your agreement or disagreement. For instance: "PBF will stay #1 until he loses" is an acceptable answer. "Right now, PBF is too well established in that position to be removed for NOT fighting someone" is acceptable. What is not acceptable is what you have done, Dan. Because what you have done is nothing.

the air is in Butte. That's the answer? Did you even read the question? What does that even mean? Is that a drug reference without referencing any drugs? Can you do that? Also, "get real"? Who says that? What is he nine years old? Get real? No, you get real Dan.

I usually don't agree with him but this is spot on.

Mayweather/DLH 2 is a concrete example of how greed beats the championic ambitions.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyBoxingFan View Post
      Dan Rafael is the primary columnist for ESPN.com's boxing coverage. Recently, he has become both insufferably arrogant and just plain wrong. Today's chat brings us, yet another, example:

Melinda: Butte,MT: If Mayweather/DelaHoya II happens, then Floyd should be stripped of his #1 pound-for-pound status. He will not only have fought none of the elite(Cotto,Williams,Margarito) in his divison, but he will be fighting no one that will prove that hes still the pound-for-pound king. At least we have Pacquiao/Marquez II which makes a hell of alot more sense then Mayweather/DelaHoya II.

Dan Rafael: Apparently, the air is in Butte. Get real.

What is the point of this answer Dan. Melinda made a point. You can agree with or disagree with it. You can even go as far as giving reasons for your agreement or disagreement. For instance: "PBF will stay #1 until he loses" is an acceptable answer. "Right now, PBF is too well established in that position to be removed for NOT fighting someone" is acceptable. What is not acceptable is what you have done, Dan. Because what you have done is nothing.

the air is in Butte. That's the answer? Did you even read the question? What does that even mean? Is that a drug reference without referencing any drugs? Can you do that? Also, "get real"? Who says that? What is he nine years old? Get real? No, you get real Dan.
      dan raf= fan boy!!

Comment

Most boxing journalists are full of ****, and full of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Nwahs !! View Post
          Most boxing journalists are full of ****, and full of themselves.
          I told you this like a month ago happy.. back b4 he called you a joke. He's the only member of the boxing world i wanna meet, just so i can call him a fanboy. He's more noob than man now..

Comment

I dont think he should be stripped though. Yeah he isnt fighting who he should be fighting but he pretty much earned that ranking. Now, if he fights a scrub AFTER DLH, then yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
              I told you this like a month ago happy.. back b4 he called you a joke. He's the only member of the boxing world i wanna meet, just so i can call him a fanboy. He's more noob than man now..
              i'm gonna propose a very optimistic theory about dan's fall to noobdom. Perhaps he's dissillusioned by the greed of boxing.. Maybe he's just bored of having an awesome effin' job.. or maybe.. his wife's a complete bit**.. Least likely of all is that Rafael really looks forward to seeing PBF/DLH 2.. That's the only impossible option

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                i'm gonna propose a very optimistic theory about dan's fall to noobdom. Perhaps he's dissillusioned by the greed of boxing.. Maybe he's just bored of having an awesome effin' job.. or maybe.. his wife's a complete bit**.. Least likely of all is that Rafael really looks forward to seeing PBF/DLH 2.. That's the only impossible option
                he likes a big event he says.. prob to oogle pieces of ass he could never get

Comment

Bobby (Des Moines, IA): Tell Melinda in Butte that 2.4 million buys the first time around makes enough sense for anybody.

Dan Rafael: Clearly, they are much smarter in Iowa than in Montana.

What does the amount of buys his fights produce have to do with his pound for pound status?

Dan? Are you there? Where are you Dan?

This guy is one of boxing's lead journalists and we wonder why boxing can get off the dround.

Comment

Originally posted by BrendanWoodside View Post
                    dan raf= fan boy!!

Agreed. He has become quite full of himself lately.

Comment

Working...
                    X