No announcement yet.

How much is GGG donating to Mexico?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    So saying that he wanted to make “Mexican Style” close face to face fight means he’s mexican? How much did the local Mexican cartels who have billions of $$$ of dirty money donate?
    The use of Mexican style in the term of how he uses it is essentially an double entendre.

(A double entendre is a figure of speech or a particular way of wording that is devised to be understood in two ways, having a double meaning. Typically one of the meanings is obvious, given the context whereas the other may require more thought.)

Mexican style also refers to the culture of no bull****! And that also calls to the Mexican culture and their passion for boxing! He has a huuuuge following in Mexico no? I figure if your about it, you'd help support it?

Comment

Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
      How much are any of you donating to mexico??
      Not to be mean but I know wayyyyy more Puerto Ricans so my little change went that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
        If GGG were to donate and make it public, people like you and the closed fist in the air mafia would hate on him that he's doing it for attention.
        what? that makes no sense i think that would show that he's above and beyond an amazing humanitarian. I would by no means knock GGG for doing something I cannot do.

That's the honest truth right there!

I'm saying, my stance is if you benefit from another culture and their people, you give back, no?

Comment

My only stance is that Canelo love him hate him is giving back. That is a huge ****ing deal! There are allot of people on the planet that don't have that ability.

My stance is this if you about what that culture reps and you bring up that culture in a way you want that culture to appreciate you and they show that respect and support, does one not give back? I'm not saying he needs to match Canelo, but GGG is benefiting from there cultural interest in him. He makes Money from that, allot of money too! Dudes not broke and when you donate is that not a tax right off? Any lawyers in the house to clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
            Man, honestly, I wish i could. I don't make that much income to donate. I'm just wondering where GGG heart is. That's all. I mean cultural appropriation is actually a thing and considering his stance on how he fights Mexican style, I feel it benefits him because there are people who support that moniker.

I think it's actually really important to give back to a community that has helped someone succeed.
            To be honest man i think it would mean more if someone donates and doesn't say a damn thing about it. "Look I donated however millions." Thats not coming from the right place no matter how much the money is needed.

It's like the Syrian refugee crisis in Europe. You have all these celebs saying governments should take in more. But how many have offered up one of thier many holiday mansions that sit empty to help house them??

What impressed me more than the donation was Canelo going down there to help out.

Also it doesnt have to be money. Am sure old clothes or canned food would be appreciated.

Wish I could vent about some of the bull**** that has happened here in South Africa recently when it comes to donations. But it is not the place.

Comment

Rhetorical question, ggg only wants Mexicans to buy his fights and tickets and merchandise!

Canelo booed by the same people who wouldn't help their own even if they could!

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                what? that makes no sense i think that would show that he's above and beyond an amazing humanitarian. I would by no means knock GGG for doing something I cannot do.

That's the honest truth right there!

I'm saying, my stance is if you benefit from another culture and their people, you give back, no?
                Maybe he has and we don't know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
                  Not to be mean but I know wayyyyy more Puerto Ricans so my little change went that way.
                  I donated too

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    Maybe he has and we don't know about it.
                    Very very true! Good point!

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
                      Coming from a muslim background we are often asked to donate to folks in Syria or Palestine and Myamar and I'm up front enough to say there are people starving and struggling here in our town I'd much rather help them.

Comment

Working...
                      X