No announcement yet.

how polite are you willing to be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how polite are you willing to be?

i know this is my second food thread, but at the moment that is all i can think of (food).

if you're eating over someone else's house. let's say it's a friend's wife or mother (who you do not know very well) that is cooking you dinner and it just so happens that you Hate what she has choosen to cook. the only thing that you usually eat that she made is rolls or something. and it is too late to act sick because you did not know what she had made until it was put on the table. she knew you were hungry and now she is eyeing you like a hawk, wanting you to enjoy what she has made for you. what do you do?

I'm lucky in the sense that I can eat pretty much anything (unless it is staring at me or it bleeds if I stick a knife in it). That said, if I am over their house and they were serving me something I didn't like I think I would put a big smile on my face so as to disguise my disgust for the food as long as they were watching me and dig in, slowing down as the meal went on, drinking a lot of liquid so as to wash it down and then finally if the meal was big enough, I would finally start to pretend I was full if I really didn't want to finish. Of course I would complement the meal out of courtesy.

Comment

I think I would try to eat it to avoid being rude. But if I couldn't stand it then I might say I was allergic to one of the things in it so I could skip out.

Come to think of it my answer doesn't realy help anything. The person would still feel bad about it.

I don't know what I would do.

Comment

I would just eat it. I mean, how bad can it possibly be?

Comment

been there....

what I did was, I took a bit of each serving...joined in whatever conversation was going on, in the hopes that no one notices how little I ate and yup, took lots of liquid.

the next time I was invited to stay for dinner at the same house, I just politely stated that I had a previous engagement and got off the hook.

Comment

I would just eat a bit, then say I was full all of a sudden

Comment

Originally posted by * Feisty Wench
              i know this is my second food thread, but at the moment that is all i can think of (food).

if you're eating over someone else's house. let's say it's a friend's wife or mother (who you do not know very well) that is cooking you dinner and it just so happens that you Hate what she has choosen to cook. the only thing that you usually eat that she made is rolls or something. and it is too late to act sick because you did not know what she had made until it was put on the table. she knew you were hungry and now she is eyeing you like a hawk, wanting you to enjoy what she has made for you. what do you do?

Eat it and complement her on her cooking....grin and bare it.

I did that once; actually ate boiled green beans, which is the dish I loathe the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled HK
                I would just eat it. I mean, how bad can it possibly be?
                I agree......I am sure I have eaten worse than a home cooked meal that I don't particularly like......try eating Jail food for a while and you will be very happy to eat real food you don't enjoy just because it is real.

Comment

Isnt jail food ment to be nutritious

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD
                    I agree......I am sure I have eaten worse than a home cooked meal that I don't particularly like......try eating Jail food for a while and you will be very happy to eat real food you don't enjoy just because it is real.
                    damn! lol! you sound like my father-in-law only he refers to the food they served in the army duing vietnam. lol!
                    "you were lucky to even get food. you ate what you were given or starved. you don;t know how lucky you are. you people are soft!" blah blah blah. lol!

there are are few foods that instantly make me gag and want to vomit. i have been in situationsin which this is what the person made. i always ate it but took small bites and quickly choked it down with my drink.

Comment

Working...
                    X