Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Emanuel Steward 1944-2012: A Legend Passes Away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is unfortunate that the worst case scenario was confirmed but at least now people can honor the life he lived without questioning whether they are being disrespectful by being so quick to write him off. I respect the Man's contribution and lasting impact to a sport I love, may he rest in peace and may his family make it through their difficult times.

Comment

• He was superb on HBO. "Both fighters are fighting the fight they want to"...a phrase he often used.

Comment

• Sad day for boxing. Rest in peace Manny, you will forever be known as one of the greatest trainers ever.

Comment

• Sad News R.I.P Emanuel Steward

Comment

• Rest in Peace. Things just won't be the same without you.

Comment

• rest in peace emanuel steward.....a true icon of the sport

Comment

• One of my all time favorite movements from Steward is when he was calling the Ortiz/Berto fight and Berto knocks down Ortiz, Ortiz beats the count and now Berto has him against the ropes the fight is at it's climax and BAMOrtiz hits him with a (right cross or Left hook or something don't remember) and down goes Berto. Unfiltered, unbiased, just classic Emanuel Steward he yells out "Oh my God!" That may seem simple or insignificant, but it was classic and has always stuck with me. I'll miss you Manny!

Comment

• Rip steward

Comment

• Very devastated by this. Not just Manny's death, but the way that it happened. Such a sad end to the life of a great trainer, announcer, and from what I have heard, a great man. This has been a very tough year for people who love boxing, and this one hit me the hardest. If there is an afterlife, I hope Manny is living it up. Thanks for everything you gave to the sport we all love so much. Manny's commentary in the Gatti-Ward fight ALONE is something that will always stick with me. Rest in peace Emanuel.

Comment

• RIP Steward, you will missed greatly. May you go down as one of the most influential figures in the sport of boxing of all time.

Comment

Working...
                      X