Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley: "If Pacquiao Comes Straight At Me (I'll KO Him) It Will Be A Short Night"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like we Mayweather fans should have had some concern about the Cotto fight, you Pac fans need to have some concern about the Bradley fight. I am ONLY bringing up Floyd/Cotto as a comparison from the fact that it was tougher than people thought it would be. I am no Pac fan whatsoever, but I do predict he will win the fight by decision most likely. As long as he is taking this seriously and fights his ass off, which he normally does. I think people are underestimating Bradley because of his mediocre at best punching power and maybe his track record. On paper, this is a wash for Pac so to speak, and I agree. Unfortunately, the intangibles have to be taken into account. Bradley is not great in any one category, however, one thing I have noticed is his remarkable force of will. He is relentless, determined, gritty, unshakable and that is the X factor people are overlooking. As I mentioned before, the #1 question mark is Bradley's chin. If it fails him, he loses, if it holds up, I really think Manny is for serious problems. We have grown accustomed over the years watching Manny fight bigger, slower people so this may be quite different. If Pac has not done damage or hurt Bradley by the 4th round, this is a pick'em fight. I doubt there is a chance in hell Bradley will get a decision over Manny but things could get interesting.

Comment

The only place Bradley can hurt Manny is to the body. And if hes lucky maybe Manny will cramp up late if goes that far.

Comment

Pac is used to fighting slower, less mobile guys which allows him to evade danger. In his last couple of fights, he has been ok with lying against the ropes and taking punches. He won't be able to evade Bradley who cuts off the ring and pressures very well. If he lies against the ropes against Bradley, he will be ok the first time or maybe second, but by the third time, he will start to wear down from the punches and the inability to take a break.

Once Pac realizes he can't rest on the ropes and is too busted up to the gut to use his legs, he'll try to tie up on the inside. This is when things get worse for Pac who will get manhandled on the inside against Tim. Manny is not a good inside fighter, he needs space to move around, without space he just kind of waits for the storm to die down and then he moves away after his little break.

The longer the fight goes, the worse it'll be for Pac.

Comment

I liken Bradley to a smaller version of Froch almost, just in an indirect way. He is not terribly skilled but his toughness, grit and determination make fighting him way tougher than it looks. Being in the ring with Bradley is a lot harder than people on the outside probably think it will be. Do I think Bradley will KO Manny? No lol not at all. Manny has too much heart and will to be stopped by many people, let alone Bradley. However, other than JMM, most of Mannys opponents mentally give up and go into survival mode for the last half of fights, something Bradley will not do. Which is why this will be interesting. Manny is going to be pressured and forced to fight every minute of every round, so we will see what happens. I just cannot picture Bradley stopping Manny to be honest, unless some bizarre corner stoppage or "no-mas" thing happened which I would never see occurring. I believe Bradley gave some information away during the Face Off, about being dry and vulnerable early, which I am sure Roach and Manny made mental note of. I agree, I think Bradley grows stronger as the fight goes on and if Manny has not deterred or hurt him by the 4th round, there could be trouble on the horizon for Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Pac is used to fighting slower, less mobile guys which allows him to evade danger. In his last couple of fights, he has been ok with lying against the ropes and taking punches. He won't be able to evade Bradley who cuts off the ring and pressures very well. If he lies against the ropes against Bradley, he will be ok the first time or maybe second, but by the third time, he will start to wear down from the punches and the inability to take a break.

Once Pac realizes he can't rest on the ropes and is too busted up to the gut to use his legs, he'll try to tie up on the inside. This is when things get worse for Pac who will get manhandled on the inside against Tim. Manny is not a good inside fighter, he needs space to move around, without space he just kind of waits for the storm to die down and then he moves away after his little break.

The longer the fight goes, the worse it'll be for Pac.
            Good point but this scenario will only work if Pac respect his power and if Bradley can take Pac punches from the angle he didn't see it coming. Looking at his ko record at 147 comparing to those who suffered a kd from Pac at 147 and those who knocked Bradley down at 140 comparing to those who able to hurt Pac at 147, I can forsee already the outcome of this fight. Once Pac tasted Bradly's power and realized he can take it with no problem and once Bradley knocked down from a punch he didn't see, game over.
            Last edited by straightleft; 05-17-2012, 10:16 PM.

Comment

PAC is such a killer for being a bum. PAC is a cherry picker this and cherry picker that but Bradley would get destroy in second .

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                7:19-7:57

Bardley your a joke I'll pay for the PPV to see you get the Phuckknockout

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
                  The only thing Bradley is gonna try and hit Pacquiao with is head. Bradley tryin to talk himself in to believein he's not gonna get his ass beat.
                  I think you are right. Every day on boxing scene Bradley is bragging about what he is going to do to Pacquiao. If he is so sure he will win why can't he just shut up and train like Pacquiao does? Of course Pacquiao is coming straight at him just like he comes at much bigger punchers than Bradley.Bradley has 12 KOs in 28 fights. That's 16 guys he could not KO but somehow he KOs Pacquiao? You are the one that gets KOed, Timmy.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                    Good point but this scenario will only work if Pac respect his power and if Bradley can take Pac punches from the angle he didn't see it coming. Looking at his ko record at 147 comparing to those who suffered a kd from Pac at 147 and those who knocked Bradley down at 140 comparing to those who able to hurt Pac at 147, I can forsee already the outcome of this fight. Once Pac tasted Bradly's power and realized he can take it with no problem and once Bradley knocked down from a punch he didn't see, game over.
                    We'll see on the 9th but I got a feeling Bradley will impress a lot of people

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      We'll see on the 9th but I got a feeling Bradley will impress a lot of people
                      Agreed. ^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X