Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you disappointed in Emanuel Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emanuel Steward did his job in getting Wlad ready for that fight. Wlad had solid conditioning and was well prepared for Haye's assault. He coaches his fighters to win the fight by controling it fom start to finish without letting them grow complacent in the ring. What more do you want from him his fighter's always WIN!!!

Comment

My only complaint about Steward is him not encouraging body work. A few hooks to the liver here and there and this fight would have been over mid-way through.

I sense that body work doesn't make Wlad comfortable, but still. He's very powerful that I'd love to see some dedicated body work

Comment

I have considered Emanuel Steward as a poor trainer for quite a while now.
        I think he's turned shot at training fighters lol.
        He does have vast experience though, so he's not as bad as buddy mcgirt yet.

Comment

Steward is hard on who ever he trains even if you are winning the fight he is disappointed if you don't win in a spectacular fashion .

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Manny did an excellent job.

Manny picked out Haye's ambush game-plan immediately and was telling Wlad he was "giving the championship" away in order to light a fire under him. Telling him to stay busier than he usually does is why Haye wasn't able to set anything up.

Wlad is 35. He knows how to find his openings just fine. Steward saw the opening for the hook and told him to focus on that instead of the right, and Wlad had some success with it. Steward is perfect for Wladimir.

He won just about all but one round. Why complain?
            Exactly. Steward was telling him everything he needed to do. He kept telling him to pick up the pace and to let his hands go and throw more right hands. He also told him to stop letting Haye (try to steal) the rounds in the last 10 seconds and not let him get off on him. And of course Steward is gonna tell his fighters they might have lost some rounds. He wants them to push themselves more and not get overly confident and end up losing on points because they "thought" they were winning.

It's up to Wladimir if he's gonna follow Stewards instructions or not. It's not like Manny can go in there and do it for him.

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
            Steward is hard on who ever he trains even if you are winning the fight he is disappointed if you don't win in a spectacular fashion .
            Its true but Steward, also being a commentator, knows the criticism that boxing analysts and fans have for boring fights, especially when it's been built up to be the next best thing since sliced bread. He knows it's just as important to the fans for it to be an exciting fight. Real fight fans would much rather have their guy lose in an exciting, can't forget fight more than a - "W" is all that matters, cautious and boring fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
              This was now the 3rd fight of Wladimir against a superdefensive fighter (Ibragimov, Chambers, Haye) and Manny Steward doesn't have any clue how to instruct Wladimir.

Manny talked ridiculous nonsense like "Haye is tiring" (after round 2) and had no advice except "let your hands go" but I would have thought that already after the Ibragimov fight THEY SHOULD HAVE TRAINED MOVES/TACTICS against ultradefensive fighters.

I was very disappointed in Manny. Both in terms of preparation and during the fight.
              Me too, I feel that same way. A fighter of Klitschko's experience with a Hall of Fame trainer should have been on top of ALL that an opponent might do. Especially since they knew that Haye was really more than a bit "gun-shy".

Steward announced several times that they had EVERY angle covered, and yet, A defensive Haye was at LEAST a 50-50 liklihood. So why the hell wasn't Klitschko prepared by Steward for it. Klitschko is that good, that he could have walked right through Haye's flail around.

The only mitigation I can think of is that Klitschko was carrying out his stated plan to punish Haye for 12 rounds and KO him in the last few seconds, which he messed up on.

Comment

Full of admiration for the man. Last night was another chapter in his success story.

Comment

Manny was poor when Naseem hamed was losing to Barrera as well.

But Wlad had the fight in the bag, so in the 12 round he should have went for the KO if that is what he wanted. He knew Haye couldnt hurt him so what was up with Wlad?

Comment

i love how some of you wanna be experts run your mouths about what manny did or did not do....especially when they show only a tiny bit of what he really says throughout the fight. the dudes a hof trainer, gimme a ****in break.

Comment

I wonder if Wlad even listens to Steward. Wlad seems like an intelligent in ring operator.

Comment

Working...
                      X