Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I must say I'm excited that a megafight is only 2 days away.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floyd will do alright, but not good enough to demand more than 50% of the purse should pac beat cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post

Look at it like this.
      when Pacquiao vs. JMM fought

they didnt have the UFC competing with them on the same night...
      and wasnt in a recession and the media and fans didnt try to boycott the fight...
      and I still think it would do better than
      450,000 Homes...
      even with a recession, the media trashing this fight,fans talking of boycotting and UFC competing with it all on the same night...

The deck is completely stacked against Mayweather and I still think he will pull it out.

This fight will prove Mayweather claim on him being a cash cow.

oh yeah..
      he has not been in the ring for 2 years.
      Your **** gobbling is the stuff of legends.

Will the 9 pound theory have any influence on how many buys this ppv gets?

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
        The ufc card is ****, only the hardcore fans will be buying it. The casual fans will be buying the May/Marquez fight just wait and see.

UFC card 300k ppv

May/Mar 800k ppv
        true, ufc card does suck but it will be more competitive than floyd v marquez

don't know about casual fans buying floyd fight, maybe they will if they are stupid.

Comment

Look at it like this.

and wasnt in a recession and the media and fans didnt try to boycott the fight...
          450,000 Homes...
          even with a recession, the media trashing this fight,fans talking of boycotting and UFC competing with it all on the same night...

The deck is completely stacked against Mayweather and I still think he will pull it out.

oh yeah..
          Hey, Horus, how many marketing dollars were spent on Pac V Marquez and how many you think are being spent on Floyd V Marquez?

Comment

UFC is past it's days of just selling 300k.

Rich Franklin sucks but UFC casual fans buy his ****.

Comment

damn were only 2 days away... damnn!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Look at it like this.

450,000 Homes...

oh yeah..
                Sorry, but we've been in a recession for a while now and all Pacquiao/Marquez had was a countdown.

Marquez/Mayweather has:

24/7
                A Rescheduling to a later date (2 months) which adds to more room for promotion
                a low budget countdown by HBO
                Theater showings which obviously bring attention to the fights
                CEO of Goldenboy coming out on Fox news shows promoting the fight

I dont think I've seen a fight in recent times as promoted and marketed as this fight has been.
                Last edited by 2501; 09-16-2009, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Mayweather is a draw! People love to say he can't draw ppv's without a Oscar or a Hatton don't really know what there talking about. They use that excuse because he comes off as a douche and they want to marginalize his drawing power.

They always bring up the B side yet that B side can never sell **** on their own.

how many PPV buy did Gatti get without Mayweather? He never had a PPV outside of that one, even the Oscar vs Gatti was on HBO.

What about Judah?

His fight against Cotto did 220k PPV buys and against Mayweather it was 375k and he was coming off a loss against Baldomir.

Baldomir? That guy wouldn't have been able to see 1k PPV buys without Mayweather.

Oscar? His highest PPV sales ever was 1.4 and now he sells 2.4 million and out of the blue huh? Even DLH couldn't draw without a good dance partner as you see his fight against Campas did 350k and Javier Castilljo did 400k for the highest drawing PPV star ever.

Hatton? He did about the same that Pacquiao did yet Manny is never questioned about his drawing power when a year ago he was doing 200k against David Diaz.

This fight is going to be a big success.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                    true, ufc card does suck but it will be more competitive than floyd v marquez

don't know about casual fans buying floyd fight, maybe they will if they are stupid.

How many Boxing fans do you think are going to buy the UFC instead of this fight? There's a thread on sherdog where a lot of MMA fans are saying they are buying the May/Marquez fight instead of UFC 103.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/any...103-a-1049545/

This fight been marketed very heavenly by Golden Boy and HBO, they are getting into new markets and that JMM AT&T commercial is playing all the time on spanish television.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                      Regardless of the circumstances and specifications of the main event, its a damn good card all together worth my $55. Well, at least in my opinion.

I'm sure it won't beat out UFC, but I hope this **** does great PPV numbers. All we need is for the main event to be exciting. The amount of PPV buys wont mean **** unless people are actually entertained which will help them think about buying the next PPV card.
                      I knew you would watch..................

Comment

Working...
                      X