Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree, Pacquiao got exposed as an B class fighter...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think so. All it proved (it didnt even prove it because we learned this from the third fight) was that manny like everyone else has weaknesses to his style. Any fighter can be beat with the right tools. The problem is people started championing Manny as some how immune to this. Hes still a damn good fighter who got hit with his kryptonite.

Comment

Give over, he's an ATG that got caught with a perfect shot. He looked good up until the point he got KO'd

Comment

too soon flo boy. should have waited a couple of weeks til everythin's hazy and unclear. then you should've made this thread.

Comment

Pac merely paid the price for the complacency he's fallen into, ever since the late stages of the margarito fight/mosley fight.

He really shouldn't be fighting with so much on going on in his life outside of boxing. The fire just isn't burning i the ring for him as it once did. He wants it to be, as we saw how strongly he reacted to the knockout trying to bring out the old manny. But it just isn't there, and we saw what happened when he tried too hard hoping to re-ignite it.

Props to marquez, who clearly always is able to bring the best out of himself when facing his eternal rival in the ring. Even if pac was careless, it was Marquez's perfectly landed thunderbolt which ko'd him. He couldn't have timed it or landed it any better. That might be the most brutal and shocking knockout i remember seeing in such a high profile type of fight.

In saying all this, i wouldn't mind a 5th installment, i could watch these two legends fight each other every week
          Last edited by Fighting Pride; 12-09-2012, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by salitap4p#1 View Post
            A b class fighter? No B class fighter marks Marquez up like Pac has over the last four fights.

And you are discrediting Marquez you delinquent- by saying he's gone toe-to-toe with a B class fighter and only prevailed convincingly in the final fight. What does that make Marquez?
            So what about when Marquez fought Freddie Norwood?

I like Marquez. I definitely think he's the best Mexican boxer fighting today.

But no need to play up Pacquiao in order to make Marquez seem like more.

Pacquiao was always a limited fighter with tons of energy and determination. He's said so himself. He said he just was determined to fight his way out of poverty. And that's great in itself.

Marquez was always the technically superior boxer, but this need to say that Pacquiao is more than a B level boxer is ridiculous.

Wins do not dictate what level of boxer you are. That's like saying that Mayorga is an A level boxer because he knocked out Vernon Forrest. We all know that he wasn't.

Pacquiao's run at WW and jrMW was ALWAYS marred by the fact that all of his opponents were either coming off losses or losses followed by meaningless tune ups. Some were weight drained so that their legs couldn't keep up with the fast and nimble Pacquiao.

We all saw that once Emmanuel was willing to fight a guy that could move AND box, he got outclassed. We didn't see it just once. We saw it three times in a row! First against Marquez in the 3rd fight, then Bradley, then in the KO loss to Marquez.

Seeing is believing.

But some here feel the need to make excuses. Some claim Manny is passed prime. If that's so, then why aren't his fans and his coach calling for him to retire?

You can't have it both ways.

If Emmanuel isn't done like Roach says, then that means that they still feel like he's got the stuff to win. If that's true, then why all the bull**** about him losing steps and being passed prime?

If Emmanuel can get a guy like Victor Ortiz to be stupid enough to make a mannyweight of 142, then Pacquiao will look like "the old Manny" and his fans can go get the band back together again.

Marquez IMO won all three fights prior, but don't be desperate.

We've seen Marquez get tested against worse competition like Katsidis, so don't go getting indignant.

Comment

Nah Pac is a ATG,imo Pac fought a guy 3 times before so Marquez had enough time to see his opponent and see how to defeat him...Not to mention Pac is not the same fighter he once was..Let's be honest about that as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
                Pac merely paid the price for the complacency he's fallen into, ever since the late stages of the margarito fight/mosley fight.

He really shouldn't be fighting with so much on going on in his life outside of boxing. The fire just isn't burning i the ring for him as it once did. He wants it to be, as we saw how strongly he reacted to the knockout trying to bring out the old manny. But it just isn't there, and we saw what happened when he tried too hard hoping to re-ignite it.

Props to marquez, who clearly always is able to bring the best out of himself when facing his eternal rival in the ring. Even if pac was careless, it was Marquez's perfectly landed thunderbolt which ko'd him. He couldn't have timed it or landed it any better. That might be the most brutal and shocking knockout i remember seeing in such a high profile type of fight.

In saying all this, i wouldn't mind a 5th installment, i could watch these two legends fight each other every week
                Pac paid the price for finally fighting healthy opponents at WW , this KO began as soon as the draining CWs left town , the writing has been on the wall all along , dont ignore the CWs and drainings they are real , because what does Mosley JMM twice and Bradley all have in common , NO CW that drains the opponent down , its all there in the resume !

Superman Manny is ONLY superman with a CW , or the opponent has a coke habit and shattered mind , other than that he gets worked .

Comment

He didn't get exposed at all, just got beaten.

Comment

Pacquiao isn't b class fighter thats victor Ortiz lol
                    Pacquiao was great
                    But Marquez wanted the win and done it in
                    Amazing fashion
                    And mayweather would have out skilled Pacman
                    Props to pacquiao for a great career time to hang em up

Comment

Working...
                    X