No announcement yet.

i hate northern canadian winters!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hate northern canadian winters!

it's still fall & in mid november we were hitting close to -30c windchill in edmonton & got 10 inches of snow in 2 days. i work outside all day & never get use to it. yesterday it was -25c windchill & the wind was howling all day until 4:30pm(close to quitting time)then the wind died & it was only -5C. today it was -20c windchill with no snow then when i was BBQing my steak at lunch break(BBQ everyday at lunch)it started snowing & within a half hour we had a full out blizzard(whiteout & can't see 20 ft in front of you)& we got 4 inches of snow in 2 hours then the snow stopped. we got more snow in 3 calender days by today then we had by march last year. it's going to be a long & cold winter i think.we had a hot summer(for edmonton standards)& a mild winter last year so we are going to pay for it this year...winter is here until april...

Move to Vancouver...it's 7 degrees celsius as I type. Winter is like fall and some of the trees are already budding here and have been since Nov which usually indicates an early spring...hopefully in Feb. I grew up in Montreal and hated the winters...nothing changes until you makes the changes.

Comment

Time to smoke more weed? Or does it make the matter worse? And I don't mean smoke weed at work but as in to help cope with the cold? Whenever its freezing I smoke and feel much better but on the other hand my cousin smokes and gets bronchitis much easier in the winter when he smokes. If he doesn't smoke he's pretty much fine.

Comment

Damn and here in toronto today it was 2C and people were complaining..

Comment

I'm in Wisconsin and we are having another ridiculously mild winter...

Comment

you need to grow some fur joe, like those big canadian bears

Comment

Buy some better clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
                Buy some better clothes.
                i got good winter gear but i'm an ironworker & have to be able to climb steel & move. too much clothes & it is too hard to move. it's the hands & feet that get cold. i'm working 50ft off the ground so i can't drop anything because even a small item could hurt or damage stuff below. if a wrench slips & falls 50ft i could kill someone...always the hazards in winter but i deal with it every year but i'd rather deal with in january & febuary & not november or december. glad i get paid well...when your hands get cold that's when it really sucks & you can't just wear big bulking gloves becausse you can't hold on to any tools well or small bolts, etc...all the good work is here & i deal with it but i don't have to like it!!! CUBA in 10 days!!! can't frigging wait!

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
                  Damn and here in toronto today it was 2C and people were complaining..
                  have been thinking about moving to toronto or vancouver but i'd still fly here work because i get paid way better here then in anywhere else in north america...

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
                    Time to smoke more weed? Or does it make the matter worse? And I don't mean smoke weed at work but as in to help cope with the cold? Whenever its freezing I smoke and feel much better but on the other hand my cousin smokes and gets bronchitis much easier in the winter when he smokes. If he doesn't smoke he's pretty much fine.
                    i use to smoke all the time & it did help with the cold somewhat & even before work but drugtesting is rampant now so i'm on the wagon...you are right when it was -30c i would get destroyed & work & never had an accident. actually i wourk better high as a kite but those days are past. weed can get you through anything but those days are done as many jobs have random tests now & it will be everywhere in the next few years. if i fail a drug test for even weed i have to go to a detox center & hang with needle banging junkies for 30 days. it's a joke...i can see it know suzie stands up & says " hi i'm suzie, im a heroin addict, i've lived on the streets for 4 years, i turn tricks so i can feed my habit, etc. then i will stand up & say " hello i'm joe & i'm a recreational pot user. i have lived in a stable enviorment for 11 years, never missed a bill payment in my life, make $100000\year, travel all over the world & have had a solid career for 16 years, have been paying into a work pension for 16 years & have substantial amount of money in savings, rsps, guics, etc...so i quit weed so i don't have to end up there or i'd have a joint hanging in my mouth all day....

Comment

Working...
                    X