Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does lineal champ mean to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only guy thats left out is lara. kirklands a williams ko waiting to happen, williams is damaged goods, cintrons shot, molinas a tomato can. you can criticize canelo and cotto but theyre the guys to beat. bundrage is fringe i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      Love the definitions.

My idea of it is whoever beats the man, aka undisputed #1.

Ex: If Bradley were to beat Pacquiao. Bradley becomes the man.
      Pacquaio isn't the Lineal Champion nor is Bradley ranked at WW so how does beating Pacquaio make him the Lineal Champion?

Comment

I thought you had to hold at least 3 of the 4 major sanctioning body belts.

For example if you hold the WBO/WBC/IBF belt, you are automatically deemed lineal champ.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Pacquaio isn't the Lineal Champion nor is Bradley ranked at WW so how does beating Pacquaio make him the Lineal Champion?
          floyd is lineal at 147. it was established. there is no need for #1 to fight #2

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
            the only guy thats left out is lara. kirklands a williams ko waiting to happen, williams is damaged goods, cintrons shot, molinas a tomato can. you can criticize canelo and cotto but theyre the guys to beat. bundrage is fringe i guess.
            How in God's name are Cotto and to more concern Canelo the guys to beat?

They aren't, at all.
            Last edited by IronDanHamza; 03-28-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

I love how my thread spills over to another thread

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post

For example if you hold the WBO/WBC/IBF belt, you are automatically deemed lineal champ.
                You can literally hold every title and not be lineal champ nowdays with these freebee belts

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  floyd is lineal at 147. it was established. there is no need for #1 to fight #2
                  ..didn't the lineage get broken when he retired

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                    trout, bundrage, cotto, canelo, molina, lara, kirkland all have about as much claim to the top spot as each other. sure its for different reasons, but i dont see a clear #1 in that division. havent since martinez left.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post

Well, if you hold all those belts it's more than likely that you have either fought the Lineal Champion or fought the universal #2.

But, let's say for arguments sake that the WBA Champ is the current Lineal Champion, then just because you hold the WBO, WBC and IBF it doesn't make you the Lineal Champion.

And, even if you hold all of them, you're not necessarily Lineal Champion. Hell, you don't even need a belt. Look at Mayweather at 147, for example.

Roy Jones had all the belts at LHW but wasn't the Lineal Champion.

And so forth.

Comment

Working...
                      X