No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Deontay Wilder 231-Pounds, Tyson Fury 273-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
    Knowing this I can’t understand why he would weight in so heavy on his biggest fight ever. Why not come in at 225. Doesn’t make any sense to me
    I genuinely think wilder was ill before the first fight so his weight was less. My guess for this one is his camp adjusted his weight so he can't be pushed around as easily by the 270 Ib fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post
      I genuinely think wilder was ill before the first fight so his weight was less. My guess for this one is his camp adjusted his weight so he can't be pushed around as easily by the 270 Ib fury.
      I get that I guess if I was him I would still make sure that I’m at a weight that I’ve fought at before because I wouldn’t want any surprises. Even 6-7lb less would still be a big gain from their first fight.

I definitely think that Fury is going to try an push Wilder back. I’ve watched the first fight 4 times now and what I noticed is how Wilder was starting to time Fury’s head movement (the way he bend and leans to the right).

At the end of the 8th round he landed some good shot/s that could have very well buzzed Fury but luckily the bell came. Obviously in the 9th he got the KD.

The problem was Wilder was already fatiguing at this point and became extremely reckless in the 9th when he should have been far more controlled.

Comment

273. This is not looking good at all for Fury fans is

Comment

Wilder looked fantastic Fury on the other hand looked like he’s trying pull a Ruiz

Comment

Originally posted by thereeldeel View Post
            Fury's extra weight looks more natural while Wilder seems to have added a lot of muscle.
            A large amount off extra muscle will definitely make him gas quicker and also slow his handspeed.
            Wilder relies heavily on speed for his power so it could actually make his punches have less snap not to mention slower.
            You do realize that Wilder has weighed 229 & 228 lbs before right. He weighed 229 against Eric Molina and 228 against Arthur Szpilka. Against Molina he scored 4 knockdowns and put him away in the 9th round. Against Szpilka he knocked him out in the 9th round and that guy was out for 7 minutes before being carted off on a stretcher. To that you say what?

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post
              EXACTLY, people don’t do their research anymore. Wilder has weighed 228 & 229 lbs before and in both of those fights, they went to the 9th round (Molina & Szpilka) and he looked strong up until the 9 round. He dropped Molina 4 times and put Szpilka out for 7 minutes before leaving on a stretcher.

And there were reports that Wilder was very sick leading up to the 1st fight with Fury thus he weighed in at 212.5 lbs the 1st fight. And Wilder’s camp knew Fury would come in heavier for the rematch. So I believe the 231 was more to offset the 273 by Fury. Ironically, the weight difference is almost identical from the 1st fight to the 2nd fight. In the 1st fight Fury weighed 44 lbs heavier than Wilder (256.5 to 212.5). Yesterday he weighed 42 lbs heavier (273 to 231).

Comment

fury looks good at the weight, flabby but he is always flabby. his muscles look more defined than usual and his face looks chiseled.

i legit think he is going to fight on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                  Come on man lol those tune ups were an absolute joke they did nothing bro prepare him for Wilder and he was still fat as hell for both fights. He lost most of the weight training for the Wilder fight

You're correct about Leonard but he wasnt abusing his body with drugs and alcohol, nearly 400lbs, suicidal and wacked out his mind.

I get what you're saying but no it's just not the same circumstances. Fury is just an odd ball
                  The only thing the tune up did for fury was get him some rds. I agree neither tune up was a wilder clone . We have an exciting fight on our hands . Probably the most anticipated HW fight since Lewis / Tyson. Let’s all enjoy. I say it’s over within 8rds regardless who wins though I am going with wilder.

Comment

Fury boxes him up but gets robbed on the cards, Wildling by SD with massive scandal and public outcry after the decision is announced. More corruption upcoming....enjoy the fight folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Fury boxes him up but gets robbed on the cards, Wildling by SD with massive scandal and public outcry after the decision is announced. More corruption upcoming....enjoy the fight folks.
                      Yeah and everyone will be on here crying saying the robberies have got to stop and then they pay for the 3rd fight and call everyone who doesnt want to pay for it a 'casual', the first sucked too for 11 rounds. I will be fast asleep throughout for this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X