Most effective ab exercises?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most effective ab exercises?

So theres a ****load of movements to do and usually
    vary it alot but was wondering for best results which to stick to?

dont have much time for workouts lately what would you reccomend spending it on?
    Last edited by Crazylegs77; 11-02-2010, 09:07 PM.

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
    So theres a ****load of movements to do and usually
    vary it alot but was wondering for best results which to stick to?

dont have much time for workouts lately what would you reccomend spending it on?
    If i were to guess a best sit up id go with the one where lay on your back with your hands above your head and do a sit up till you touch your toes. this gives a full range of motion gives weight to the situp and requires extra stabilization because nothings holding your feet. plus the movement of your arms work your shoulders and intercostals.

though i dont really think theres a best sit up but instead a best series of situps put together as a set. i do 5 diffrent sit ups 15 of each (actually 30 for obliques 15 each side) as one set of sit ups that ill do a 1 -3 times through out the day.

my sit ups focus on my lower abs first as they are the ones needing the most work i do 2 ab exercises for these. now i do obliques 15 for each side, but since im using my abs i may be focusing on my obliques but im still working my lower abs. then ill do 2 exercises focusing on my upper abs one of which is the full hands above the head sit up above and the other fast full chrunches with my legs off the ground. with these im focusing on my upper abs but im still working my lower abs. this way through out my work out im working my lower abs while i still focus on working all the ab muscles.
    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 11-02-2010, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Hanging leg raises.

Comment

yes. there are lots of movements and cant say which is most effective. our bodies get used to what we do, therefore time will come when your muscles in your abs will have slow progression because of what was said. better to work out your abs in different abs work outs to keep the abs guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
          Hanging leg raises.
          i second that, if you can only do 1 exercise do hanging leg raises. They're was a study done a few years back of all the different ab exercises and they came out on top as most effective.

I'll see if I can find the link.

Second was Russian twists

Comment

Depends what you mean as most effective.

If you mean aesthetically, then most effective is dieting.

If you mean for building rotational and core strength for boxing then you want russian twists, planks, weighted situps, hanging leg raises and squats/deadlifts.

apart from squats/deadlifts I wouldn't do them all every time, I'd pick like 2 exercises each time and do some work.

EDIT: pretty much any exercise you do using gymnastics rings is incredibly effective for your abs.

Comment

Working...
            X