Collapse
No announcement yet.

Punisher targets Executioner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins would beat the **** out of Williams. No joke, thats not a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      wont happen hops will offer williams a $500,000 flat fee
      That's probably a lot more than he got against Andy Kolle and possibly Phillips.
      Last edited by ИATAS; 04-15-2009, 06:02 PM.

Comment

This is too tempting. Hopkins is going to take the fight and get beat up,.

Comment

i could see Hopkins losing this.

Comment

Originally posted by GodzHand View Post
            This is too tempting. Hopkins is going to take the fight and get beat up,.

I think BHOP would tie Williams up all day long and tag him with the straight right while ducking. Hopkins would have Williams in the claws and be ripping him to the back of the head on the side that the ref couldn't see.
            = Williams by round 5

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              Hope this fight doesn't happen. Neither fighter will gain anything from a W. If hopkins wins he beat a "smaller" fighter, if Williams wins he beats a 44 year old on activity. On the other hand it's an interesting matchup, hopkins does have trouble with guys that throw more punches than him, however Williams may struggle with the lateral movement and overall strength of hopkins....

Williams welcomes Hopkins fight

By Lee Bates

Moments ago, ********* spoke with George Petersen, who trains two-divison world champion Paul ‘The Punisher’ Williams (37-1, 27 KOs), regarding what possible fight would interest him next for Williams. One name that really excited him was two-division world champion Bernard ‘The Executioner’ Hopkins (49-5-1, 32 KOs). “We will take that fight all day long at a catchweight. One of Hopkins’ main strengths is that he intimidates people. Paul would not be intimidated. First thing we would attack would be his head. Calzaghe really put it on Hopkins down the stretch in their fight. Those volumes of punches are nothing compared to what Paul would throw. If our people who make the final decisions on these matters approached me with this offer, the answer is ‘yes’ all day long.” said Peterson.
              NO HOPKINS DON'T DO IT!!
              I dont want to see BHOP take this fight...Id like to remember him and his last fight being the Pavlik fight. when he walked to the ropes and looked around like ...you thought I couldn't do it huh!!! No more to the Hopkins Legacy

Comment

Hopkins by UD

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  At first I was thinking Williams has a lot of balls to call out hopkins, but I'm leaning more on the side that he's calling him out because he's a big name and Williams wants a big payday. If not he'd call out Chad Dawson and other LW's too.
                  Although i'd love to see Dawson/Williams at 168, Williams can't be calling out Dawson when he has a fight on May 9th already and most likely gives Johnson his rematch right after..Williams is looking to stay busy and the only name.money fight fighter out there that will take on him is Hopkins. This will be good because the Vets have been beating up on the youngies so it'll be interesting to see how Williams would fare against Hopkins.

Comment

If Williams took this fight I would have a lot of respect for him, however I don't think he would win it. He got outboxed by Quintana, who isn't half the fighter Hop is. Hopkins would cut his output in half and have the power to make Williams respect him.

Comment

Williams main strength is that he's a volume puncher.

That was Calzaghe's main strength too, and even at 43 Hopkins was still able to cut Joe's work rate in half.

He'll do the same to Paul, and win a UD. Because Williams in completely incapable of adapting like Calzaghe can.

Comment

Working...
                      X