• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    who plays George?
    John Cena.

Comment

• kOREAN FILMS FOR YOU LOT NOW.

I saw the Devil. Korean Sreial Killer movie, very good.

The Good, bad and the weird. Korean again I think. 3 skillfull gunmen battle it out for treasure using a map. Funny too.

The man from no where. A pawn broker who only has this young girl as a friend attempts to save her from gangsters that kidnap her.

All good asian films.

No country for old men. Not a bad film about some money and a murderer.

IMDB it because I am **** on descriptions.

Saw Grave of the fireflies, an anime, one of the saddest movies I have ever seen. Damn good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndNewChampion View Post
        kOREAN FILMS FOR YOU LOT NOW.

I saw the Devil. Korean Sreial Killer movie, very good.

The Good, bad and the weird. Korean again I think. 3 skillfull gunmen battle it out for treasure using a map. Funny too.

The man from no where. A pawn broker who only has this young girl as a friend attempts to save her from gangsters that kidnap her.

All good asian films.

No country for old men. Not a bad film about some money and a murderer.

IMDB it because I am **** on descriptions.

Saw Grave of the fireflies, an anime, one of the saddest movies I have ever seen. Damn good.

great movie. brutal movie.

Comment

• watched Snow White and the Huntsman earlier today...pretty good movie!

Comment

• a recent article on alan turing for the centenary of his birth prompted me to watch a beautiful mind, a biopic of another genius named john forbes nash...

excellent film helmed by ron howard... ed harris is one of the best character actors ever but the show ultimately lives and dies with russell crowe... the speech he delivered at the nobel ceremony in which he received the prize for economics was stirring...

there are some dragging moments here and there but as a whole this movie is great...

Comment

• just saw 'rock of ages' in the theatre last night with the missus. feels like watching another glee episode plus this time with dudes with midlife crisis. the female protagonist also sucked. i give it 6/10 just because of the 80s rock nostalgia.

saw 'wanderlust' the other day, quite hilarious. never had that many chuckles when watching a comedy film for a long time. i give it 7.5/10 for the comedy factor. i should have rated it 8 if only jennifer aniston showed her boobs :/

watched 'michael' after that, a non-english film about a pedophile who keeps a child locked-up in his basement. not really one of those thriller torture crime films.. its more of a dramatic take on the issue. its quite realistic and simple in the sense that it actually puts you in the mind of people who commits such crimes. but its definitely not a feel-good movie. i give it 8.5/10 just for the way it sticks to your psyche
              Last edited by npad69; 06-25-2012, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• marnie by alfred h i t c h c o c k...

In the tradition of spellbound and psycho, it deals with a dysfunctional psychological make up that has risen from traumatic events encountered during childhood... tippi hedren delivers a fine performance as a compulsive thief and sean connery her clever employer...

relative to his other masterpieces, h i t c h c o c k's marnie aint heavy on themes but the classic hitch**** motifs were present like childhood trauma and unsettling mothers... 8 / 10...

the crow by alex proyas

wow... it was adolescence revisited when i decided to re-watch this classic... unlike other films where you see it differently in the eyes of an adult, the primal feelings of angst, despair and revenge that is so volatile in teens, this film has not lost such things...

eric draven brilliantly portrayed by brandon lee is instantly a hero you root for... we can feel his pain, we can feel his desire for revenge and we want him to succeed...

the visuals are quite cinematic too, adroitly handled by a very good director in alex proyas... The dark settings, the grittiness.... its all there (as with his other great film, dark city) 9 / 10

dog day afternoon by sidney lumet

what can i say? its a sidney lumet film. it has al pacino. it has john cazale. It has an interesting premise. it has almost zero musical score. and its damn brilliant!

pacino delivers an epic performance so as the filmmakers specially lumet... pacino robs a bank and holds everyone on it hostage, but through the brilliance of the script and pacino's masterclass acting, he becomes sympathetic, and we cheer for him... damn i almost want him to succeed in flying to algeria... witty dialogue, brilliant acting and characterisations, awesome visuals... its a must see my friends... 10 / 10

Comment

• watched Super 8...about some kids filming a movie...then a train wreck and some alien comes out

movie sucked ass...

no rating...watch something else

Comment

• school of rock...

just a few points...

its a sister act rehash...

whoopi goldberg is a lot better than jack black at comedy and

IMO just an "ok" comedy flick on it's own...

7 / 10

Comment

• Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                      marnie by alfred h i t c h c o c k...

In the tradition of spellbound and psycho, it deals with a dysfunctional psychological make up that has risen from traumatic events encountered during childhood... tippi hedren delivers a fine performance as a compulsive thief and sean connery her clever employer...

relative to his other masterpieces, h i t c h c o c k's marnie aint heavy on themes but the classic hitch**** motifs were present like childhood trauma and unsettling mothers... 8 / 10...

the crow by alex proyas

wow... it was adolescence revisited when i decided to re-watch this classic... unlike other films where you see it differently in the eyes of an adult, the primal feelings of angst, despair and revenge that is so volatile in teens, this film has not lost such things...

eric draven brilliantly portrayed by brandon lee is instantly a hero you root for... we can feel his pain, we can feel his desire for revenge and we want him to succeed...

the visuals are quite cinematic too, adroitly handled by a very good director in alex proyas... The dark settings, the grittiness.... its all there (as with his other great film, dark city) 9 / 10

dog day afternoon by sidney lumet

what can i say? its a sidney lumet film. it has al pacino. it has john cazale. It has an interesting premise. it has almost zero musical score. and its damn brilliant!

pacino delivers an epic performance so as the filmmakers specially lumet... pacino robs a bank and holds everyone on it hostage, but through the brilliance of the script and pacino's masterclass acting, he becomes sympathetic, and we cheer for him... damn i almost want him to succeed in flying to algeria... witty dialogue, brilliant acting and characterisations, awesome visuals... its a must see my friends... 10 / 10
                      what's your fave Hitchcock film?

i have Vertigo, Rear Window & North by Northwest which i, sad to say, haven't watched yet

Comment

Working...
                      X