Loeffler: Jacobs Bigger and Matches Better w/Golovkin Than Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loeffler: Jacobs Bigger and Matches Better w/Golovkin Than Alvarez

http://******.craveonline.com/news/4...weekend-review

Tom Loeffler, who promotes Triple-G, said he’s open to a fight against Jacobs. “That becomes very big if both fighters keep winning,” he said. I think Jacobs matches up better with Golovkin than Alvarez does because he’s naturally bigger and has a better amateur foundation, although the Mexican might have a better chin. … I don’t think the knockout loss will be as damaging to Quillin’s career as one might assume. Sometimes even the best fighters get caught with a big shot, as Jacobs did in his knockout lose to Dmitry Pirog in 2010. It happens. And the controversial nature of the stoppage mitigates the loss to some degree. I think Quillin (32-1-1, 23 KOs) remains one of the best 160-pounders in the world. He’ll bounce back quickly. … As always, it made me sick to hear the broadcasters refer to Jacobs-Quillin as a title fight. It wasn’t. Jacobs holds the bogus WBA “regular” title, which was invented so the sanctioning body could collect additional fees. Everyone knows that Golovkin is the actual WBA champ. The “regular” belt means about as much as the belt I bought on sale at Macy’s last week. In other words, it means nothing. Blow-by-blow man Mauro Ranallo ultimately did label the proliferation of belts “ridiculous.” Kudos to him.
    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 01-24-2016, 11:01 PM.

Make the fight Tom like you said you would if all other options failed.

Don't make the WBA have to intervene.

Told you guys I wasn't the only one that knew Jacobs had dynamite in both hands and posed the best matchup Golovkin has ever seen.

Comment

Isn't Jacobs a Haymon fighter? I thought those were totally off limits for GGG.

Or is that excuse only used when Erislandy Lara's name is brought up?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

GGG has already honored his 4 fight minimum contractual obligation with HBO; meaning it's very possible for him to make a one time fight deal outside the network.

Another myth is HBO doesn't do business with Haymon fighters. HBO and their new exec is open to doing business with PBC as is Tom Loeffler. Instead of corroborating rumors, it's much easier for some fans on here to just repeat them blindly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
          GGG has already honored his 4 fight minimum contractual obligation with HBO; meaning it's very possible for him to make a one time fight deal outside the network.

Another myth is HBO doesn't do business with Haymon fighters. HBO and their new exec is open to doing business with PBC as is Tom Loeffler. Instead of corroborating rumors, it's much easier for some fans on here to just repeat them blindly.
          Didn't HBO just dismiss a Haymon fighter fighting on their network like a month ago, a little after they said they were open to all promoters and fighters? Crap, gonna have to go look it up now, but I swear I read something about it. Could be(and hope) i'm wrong

Comment

How could you ever support Lara as an opponent? He has 2 losses and 2 draws and is a junior middleweight. Not only that but the guy was dropped twice by Angulo. You really think Lara would have a chance? I swear some people are re.tarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              Didn't HBO just dismiss a Haymon fighter fighting on their network like a month ago, a little after they said they were open to all promoters and fighters? Crap, gonna have to go look it up now, but I swear I read something about it. Could be(and hope) i'm wrong
              I never heard of that and not sure of the circumstances surrounding it.

But after doing some research, I've corroborated my own facts regarding how Jacobs vs GGG can happen. One of the top corroborators being Tom Loeffler himself and knowing details surrounding GGG's contractual obligations with HBO.

Comment

You already know...

Comment

So Loeffler thinks the #2 MW is bigger and matches better with Golovkin, huh?

Interesting, maybe that's why Jacobs hasn't gotten the call yet.

Comment

So it looks like Korobov is up next.

Blatant fkin duck of Jacobs. I don't care what people's "predictions" are on Jacobs vs GGG hypothetical fantasy fight. Fact of the matter is Jacobs or Lara should be up next, not Matt Korobov.

Blatant fkin duck and anyone defending this jazz is just a GGG fan and not a fan of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X