Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesnt boxing sell DVD's t-shirts or Action figures like the ufc??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesnt boxing sell DVD's t-shirts or Action figures like the ufc??

Is boxing runned by a bunch of out of touch old fogies who dont know what cool is? Or dont know how to merchandise? Boxing's biggest main events always obliterates the ufc's our payperview numbers and live gate sales speak for its self..So dont say that ufc is SO much bigger cause it aint...

But the ufc markets the hell out of stuff and has products..why do i have to ORDER a Morales or Roy jones dvd? why doesnt bestbuy or futureshop have dvd's like how i see ufc all the time..

an audience is an audience and boxing has a big one so why not sell us stuff.

who wouldnt love to collect stuff like this..

I don't care about t-shirts and action figures but i would love DVD boxsets of fighters entire careers.

Comment

A lot of UFC fans are around 12 to teenagers, I was suprise hearing 13 year olds talk about Kimbo Slice....

Comment

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
        I don't care about t-shirts and action figures but i would love DVD boxsets of fighters entire careers.
        I'd love some T-Shirts, and some DVDs. Like entire careers, documentaries etc.

Comment

Comment

nice gif

and yes, there should be more boxing merchandise, my gf is doing a project for a college class she is taking, and she is doing it over boxing and she cant find any boxing merchandise (posters,shirts,dvds, etc.) she just told me about this yesterday. She found them on boxing websites but she looked in the local stores (walmart/target and local malls) and she couldn't find nothing except the tyson documentary and 2 Ali posters.

anyways back to the topic yes someone needs to start coming out w/ more merchandise.
            Last edited by SOY-COMO-SOY; 02-27-2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

i mean boxing can have a young fan group aswell...[maybe not as immature as the mma audience] but a young audience nontheless...

ok picture it like this:

u have a dela hoya toy AND a chavez toy in one box...it'll be called "VS"...some boxes would sell TWO toys..u can have the storyline in the back of the of the package!! and we can have single toys and a "Vs" series!

Comment

Because "Boxing" isn't a centralized organization. Its not like the NFL, NBA or NHL where the sport is associate more with the BRAND. Most of the time, when people say UFC, they mean "MMA" but UFC has made themselves the face of the sport itself.

It wouldn't be "boxing" that would sell merchandise, but rather promotional companies like Top Rank or GBP.

Comment

Why in the fuk would you want action figures? I think it all goes back to a lot of MMA's fan base came from pro wrestling(wwf). There is plenty of DVD boxsets btw.

Comment

i just looked at fathead.com and they only have 2 fathead of Ali and like 7 of ufc/mma fighters

Comment

Working...
                    X