Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Benn and Eubank do against Roy Jones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Benn and Eubank do against Roy Jones?

How would a prime Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank do against a prime Roy Jones? What do you see as the outcome?

Originally posted by eyeofdatiger View Post
    How would a prime Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank do against a prime Roy Jones? What do you see as the outcome?
    I think both prime eubank and benn would both lose, as would there foe steve collins. I think in his day Jones was untouchable, i think even a prime Joe calazghe may have struggled to stay with his speed, but for me out of the two fighters in the thread question. Benn i think would be outclassed and well out of the fight by rounds 7 where as i think eubank would stick around longer and still be in the fight in the 10th and 11th round although both wold lose on points, to the classier Jones.

Comment

Jones had too much of everything for them, IMO Jones would KO Benn in 6rds and outpoint Eubank

Comment

Eubank would do the worst i think, keeping his hands so low with the way Roy could hit. I really don't think any of those three British super-middleweights stood a chance. Hate when people say he ducked them. Makes me cringe.

Comment

I would favour Jones over both. I think Eubank would lose a decision, but not a lopsided one, he almost always closed 12 round fights well and his chin was cast iron. Eubank had fair speed himself and damn good reflexes too, that coupled with his fighting heart would ensure a good fight.

The Benn who faced McClellan would possibly have moments as Jones covered up on the ropes, but I think he would taste the canvas a couple of times enroute to a decision loss. If McClellan couldn't stop a fully focussed Benn, I dont think Roy would.

Comment

Eubank would give jones fits, but would be outpointed in a dull affair, ben would go out on his sheild and would be stopped in 10 rounds

Comment

I think Eubank would acquit himself well, fantastic chin and heart.
              It always struck me that the peak Eubank always did just enough to win almost cheating the fans if you like.
              When pushed like Benn did in the first fight he rose to the challenge, i'd favour Jones but I think Eubank would suprise people.
              Benn has a punchers chance I guess but I don't give him much chance prime for prime.

Comment

I go with the consensus here. Eubank gives Jones a tough fight. Benn provides an initial storm but ends up getting sparked.

Comment

Jones would beat both. I think Jones would've been able to beat Eubank similarly to how he beat Hopkins, Eubank wouldn't have been able to control the tempo and distance against Jones, which was crucial to his success. Benn might've had some good moments early when he was fresh and would've been able to push Jones back, he might have been able to do some good work when he got Jones on the ropes but after the first 2 or 3 rounds Jones would take over and probably stop him late.

Comment

I believe Jones would beat both without much problem

Comment

Working...
                    X