Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe offer not clear - Froch

Calzaghe offer not clear - Froch

Froch is confident of becoming the first man to beat Calzaghe
    Carl Froch's promoter has called for Joe Calzaghe's camp to clarify an offer of a fight against the WBO super middleweight champion later this year.
    Mick Hennessy says Calzaghe's promoter, Frank Warren, has offered Froch a shot at the title in July or September.

Hennessy claims the offer includes giving Warren options on Froch's future fights - a claim denied by Warren.

"There is little point in us discussing the offer until we know their position for certain," said Hennessy.

"Once they have stated in writing, as requested, that they do not require options, we can look at the possibility seriously.

"They have stated that the offer was their last, but I am confident that through on-going dialogue we could come to an arrangement that reflects the magnitude of this fight."

I am still very hopeful that this contest can happen

Carl Froch's promoter Mick Hennessy

Unbeaten British and Commonwealth super middleweight champion Froch is ranked third by the WBO and second by the WBC.

The 29-year-old from Nottingham has been calling out Calzaghe for the past year, confident of ending the Welshman's 10-year reign as WBO champion.

Hennessy says his "very generous offer" to stage the fight has already been turned down, but maintains he is prepared for Froch to fight on a bill promoted by Warren's Sport Network company.

Calzaghe, 35, has set his sights on challenging WBC and WBO middleweight champion Jermain Taylor, but the American has rejected an initial $4m offer, demanding the purse rise to $10m.

And negotiations to fight former four-weight title holder Roy Jones Jr have also collapsed over money.

606: DEBATE
    Froch CANNOT fight Calzaghe, simply because he is unknown to world boxing fans

JobyJak

Hennessy said: "I am happy to continue negotiations for Carl to box on a Sports Network event, but need to know they won't require an involvement in Carl's career after the fight if he wins.

"Given Frank Warren's apparent confidence in Calzaghe, it would be a contradiction if they did."

He added: "This contest could be one of the biggest in British Boxing history. Calzaghe already holds the record for the highest indoor attendance [in Europe], but it would be blown away if he met Carl Froch.

"I see Jermain Taylor has turned a big offer down. There now isn't a bigger viable fight out there for Calzaghe, so I'm hopeful his team will be realistic going forward.

"In light of their rejection, I have also asked what terms would be acceptable to Joe Calzaghe to defend against Carl on one of our shows.

"I am still very hopeful that this contest can happen, regardless of whose event it is on."

If Calzaghe doesnt take this fight it will prove he is scared of THE COBRA

**** carl froch, we want calzaghe/kessler fight. We want number 1 and number 2 contender to fight.

Comment

Hennessey couldn't afford Calzaghe on one of his shows, and he knows it.

Comment

what happend to the suppsoed offer from jones?

Comment

they ignored jones offer.

if joe fights froch in july, its good but not september, we want a taylor or b-hop then.
          knowing frank he will prob just make this **** froch fight for sept.

Comment

**** off froch,youve done **** all to deserve a fight with calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by EliteSoldier View Post
              **** carl froch, we want calzaghe/kessler fight. We want number 1 and number 2 contender to fight.
              Nobody in Britain has ever seen Kessler.

We want Calzaghe-Froch, the best two super-middleweights in the world to square off.

Comment

Kesslers ranked number 2, and you've never seen him fight... Are you guys a joke or something? You've seen the number 3 pathetic contender who isn't even that good. Froch is ass, we want calzaghe to have a real contender the roids-rage kessler. I want him to fight the best not the 3rd contender.

Froch hasn't really even beaten anyone. Kessler has, Kessler has two belts.... This is a ridiculous arguement since you're full of **** when you say uk doesn't know who kessler is. HBO after every recent fight of Calzaghe asks him about Kessler. The media always asks him questions about kessler. You're a joke dime.

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
                  **** off froch,youve done **** all to deserve a fight with calzaghe
                  You watch your mouth BOI... dont be dissing the Cobra..

Comment

Kesslers ranked number 2, and you've never seen him fight... Are you guys a joke or something? You've seen the number 3 pathetic contender who isn't even that good. Froch is ass, we want calzaghe to have a real contender the roids-rage kessler. I want him to fight the best not the 3rd contender.

Froch hasn't really even beaten anyone. Kessler has, Kessler has two belts.... This is a ridiculous arguement since you're full of **** when you say uk doesn't know who kessler is. HBO after every recent fight of Calzaghe asks him about Kessler. The media always asks him questions about kessler. You're a joke dime.
                    Sounds like You are afraid of Froch... Afraid he Will actually beat Joe... and so you want him to Avoid it for as long as possible ..I understand.. But sometimes you just gotta let go the past and present and embrace the Future.. And the Future is Froch.. and the Future is NOW...

Comment

Working...
                    X