Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name a MMA match that would sell

more then pacman/hatton 2day

i love watching MMA but i have a friend and i'm trying to tell him
    MMA would never sell more PPV then boxing still..

Originally posted by BALLISTIC View Post

MMA sells the entire card, not just the main event. i don't see anything toucing PBF/DLH, but MMA is more consistent in their ppv buys than boxing

at the end of 08/beginning of 09 there were 3 mma cards that topped 1mil in ppv buys

like i said, i don't see them ever topping pbf/dlh, but they do big numbers consistently enough.

Comment

Anderson Silva vs Cung Le.... It will sell period.

Takanori Gomi vs BJ Penn II.... It would sell period.

Miguel Torres vs KID Yamamoto... It would be WEC's biggest pay day ever for all time.

Fedor Emelinenko vs Brock Lesnar.... As much as I hate Lesnar, yes it would sell because all the little mainstream MMA fans that dont know **** about MMA.

thats all I can think of. there are other match ups but they wont bring in HUGE numbers. Dana would probably hype them up anyways but still if your a real fan you know the match ups like GSP-Shields isn't really ****.

Comment

Originally posted by StillUnknown View Post
        MMA sells the entire card, not just the main event. i don't see anything toucing PBF/DLH, but MMA is more consistent in their ppv buys than boxing

at the end of 08/beginning of 09 there were 3 mma cards that topped 1mil in ppv buys

like i said, i don't see them ever topping pbf/dlh, but they do big numbers consistently enough.
        That's bull****

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
          That's bull****
          UFC 91 has done at least 920,000. That is not the final number, and it will probably end up at around a million buys.

-UFC 92 is confirmed to have done 1 million buys, that will also likely go up, and it would need just 50,001 more buys to break the record of UFC 66.
          UFC 94 (happened after that article was done) did approximately 900k ppv buys
          • Headlined by: Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn

UFC 91 was in November of 08
          UFC 92 was in December of 08
          UFC 94 was in late January of 09
          Last edited by StillUnknown; 03-30-2009, 11:38 PM.

Comment

GSP vs. Silva would do well over a mil

Comment

Originally posted by JabSandwich View Post
              GSP vs. Silva would do well over a mil
              BROCK LESNAR vs FEDOR EMELIANENKO
              GSP vs SILVA

Comment

If anyone seriously thinks that any of the fights mentioned would sell better than Hatton/Pacquiao they're sorely mistaken. No single fight in MMA sells like boxing matches do. MMA is still not a profitable business, the UFC is. All the fights mentioned are just fights people consider to be big fights in MMA which they are on paper but in reality those fights alone wouldn't sell big unless the UFC was promoting them. MMA has no stars yet that can compare to a DLH or a Hatton or a Pacquiao in terms of pulling in huge buys on their own. StillUnknown put it best, MMA sells the entire card, not just the main event.

Comment

Originally posted by BALLISTIC View Post

anderson silva vs floyd mayweather LOL

Comment

UFC 666 - God vs Satan
                    Fighting for the souls of all human kind.

Undercard features Judas vs Jesus a grudge match for the ages, as well as the Virgin Mary vs Mary Magdalene where somebody's ho has got to go.

Comment

Working...
                    X