Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why's it only me that knows that Cotto is done at elite level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Battle*Hardened View Post
    I'm also confused by some of these posts. Besides Pac and Mayweather who can Cotto not compete with. I'll laugh at any name you say because there isn't one.
    I think the likes of Wolak (although he ostensibly retired) and Kirkland would stomp a mudhole through him at this point. My opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Battle*Hardened View Post
      I'm also confused by some of these posts. Besides Pac and Mayweather who can Cotto not compete with. I'll laugh at any name you say because there isn't one.
      Those are the only 2 names i can come up with that i don't think he can compete with. He's nearing the end of his career, i agree with bigsmooth. I think Cotto himself even said it...2, maybe 3 more non-mega fights and call it a career.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
        There's better fights for him outside of Mayweather and Pac, as he certainly has no chance with either of them.
        The only guy outside Mayweather vs Pacquaio that could potentially fuck him up is Martinez. Outside of those three, who do you think has an above 50% chance of beating Cotto?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          The only guy outside Mayweather vs Pacquaio that could potentially fuck him up is Martinez. Outside of those three, who do you think has an above 50% chance of beating Cotto?

I agree, i think Cotto might surprise Martinez. He's always got his hands down, and Cotto is a pretty dam good boxer. He's corrected many flaws, and Martinez is probably the only other major player Cotto stands a decent chance against. That jab might present problems for Martinez, and now Cotto learned how to deal with pressure fighters.

He just might surprise us...maybe. But I'd hate to see Martinez pull a PWilliams on Cotto...lol. The rest of the division i think he can compete with.

Comment

How dare you attack him after rematching his first loss?

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
            Cotto can't compete with any of the top boxers around.

He beat a super shot Margarito less convincingly than Mosley and Pacquaio. Struggled to beat Mayorga and Foreman. The dude is done. No longer elite, and will get run over by Pac again.
            Cornball, Cotto is at the elite level. What is elite to you, only the top p4p fighters, including all divisions? You bugging out bro

MOSLEY ONLY BEAT CHEATO THAT BADLY BC HE WAS EXPOSED IDIOT.

Pac is not running over ****. Cotto will slap this ***** at 154. Ask Roach why the fuk they beasted to make Cotto lose weight? And ask Cotto how much training himself helped him for that fight, ***. New trainer IS a real pro and Cotto listens/learns from him. Cotto spanks ANYBODY at 154 corn.
            Last edited by PRking718; 12-24-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Degraded Margarito (dented Cotto up and had him tiring in the 9th). Wayyyy degraded Mayorga (dented Cotto up). Foreman who was never as good as some cracked him up to be in the first place and finished the fight on one leg.

If you think Cotto still has enough left to not get stomped by the real prime, live, top guys around his weight, that's cool. But you'd better be reasoning on something other than the evidence of his last three fights.

There are a few guys in The Ring's top JMW's that I don't really rate. But again, I'd see REAL guys like Kirkland, Wolak, Angulo flattening Cotto and the likes of Dzinziruk, Lara, Rodriguez all beating him soundly.

Comment

Because you know more about this sport than everybody else.

Clearly.

Comment

Cotto is far from being done at the elite level. He actually has better defence and better boxing skills than he did during his days at the top of the 147 division. He is a different kind of fighter but in a good way the only disadvantage he has is that all the wars made his face easier to bruise so he can't take as much punishment.

BTW no one outside of Mayweather, Pacquiao and maybe Martinez can beat Cotto. Cotto would be a big favorite against all the other top guys from 140-160.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                    I agree, i think Cotto might surprise Martinez. He's always got his hands down, and Cotto is a pretty dam good boxer. He's corrected many flaws, and Martinez is probably the only other major player Cotto stands a decent chance against. That jab might present problems for Martinez, and now Cotto learned how to deal with pressure fighters.

He just might surprise us...maybe. But I'd hate to see Martinez pull a PWilliams on Cotto...lol. The rest of the division i think he can compete with.
                    I been saying this for a while. I said Cotto is going to take Margs' shots way better without plaster, be boxing beautiful and applying the new techniques he needed (clinch, off ropes, etc.) to beat Margs. I been saying for a while Cotto's not shot. He was just traumatized. That takes a while to get over, now he has redeemed himself and it's a wrap again. NOW people are seeing him and noticing he's not shot, except for blind haters like the TS, bc lets admit it, Margs is dangerous without plaster.

I always said what you did, that jab of Cotto's will be the main thing to give Martinez problems. That cat is too fukin cocky, beasting for a payday, desperate now. He doesn't want to fight the top MW's but he wants to talk mad **** about Pac and Cotto. Cotto would beat this dude at 154 and I know it. Cotto aint no punk, we saw how he pushed Margs around and took the shots now without plaster. Martinez got it twisted.

Comment

Well, forget Pac, Floyd and Martinez for a moment - it just dawned on me that Cotto won't get a chance to prove he can live with any of the rest, because he won't be fighting them. So, who cares. I'm out.

Comment

Working...
                      X