No announcement yet.

Pacquiao: I will make a decision about who I'm fighting next after Christmas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
    1st round of negotiations immediately took place after the Pac -vs- Cotto fight, which was Nov 14th. I don't understand what the hold up is? Especially since Pac's previous fights were announced minutes after his last one.
    do you have the timeline for the first negotiations?

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
      GOLDEN BOY GIVEN GREEN LIGHT TO BEGIN MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO NEGOTIATIONS
      By Simon Ruvalcaba | November 15, 2009

Not long after Manny Pacquiao's impressive 12th round TKO victory over Miguel Cotto, the President of HBO Sports, Ross Greenberg, received a phone call from Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who informed him that he's been given the green light from Floyd Mayweather Jr. to begin negotiations for a potential Mayweather vs. Pacquiao showdown. "He plans on meeting next week with Bob to make the Mayweather fight," revealed Greenberg just minutes after the phone call. Arum would reiterate the news during the post-fight press conference.

Although Mayweather did not attend the bout, opting instead to watch from the comforts of his home, his father and world-class trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. was in attendance to assess Pacquiao's abilities first-hand. "When it's time for us to fight, I'm going to show you all who the master is," he commented after the bout.

The fact that Schaefer was in contact with Greenberg less than two hours after the fight was over is a good sign that Mayweather is indeed eager to make the matchup. The question is will the two sides be able to come to terms with the purse split. Time will tell, but considering last night's performance and the anticipated success of the pay-per-view, which is expected to exceed the 1 million PPV buys of Mayweather-Marquez, Mayweather should consider himself lucky if he's able to get a 50/50 split.

With his win over Cotto, Pacquiao has now proven to be not only the more exciting and entertaining fighter, but also the bigger draw.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content6228.html

Comment

He should know alreayd who he's planning on fighting next.

He should just come out and say "I-WANT-MAYWEATHER-NEXT" whether Bob like's it or not, that's who I want, end of.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
          Full negotiations timeline, part 1. - http://www.fighthype.com/pages/maywe...imeline-1.html

Comment

A floyd fan NEVER should use "duck" related words in his vocabulary............

Anyways, manny vs money it has to be NOW.........and please manny camp, stop with the bull**** excuses........

Comment

Hopefully i'll get some great New Years news

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                Im praying for JMM, for me honestly Floyd fight is easy and will dissapoint. He would get rid of Mayweather in 3-4 rounds. Floyd doesnt know Pac, he won't see the shots like he didn't see Ortiz shots when he was losing against Ortiz 3 of the 4 rounds. JMM is the only one who knows Manny as is able to put on a competitive fight against him. So really hope it's JMM in Mexico.. that would be epic!!
                Which is why Pac seems so eager to fight Mayweather....you Pacnatics are a disgrace to boxing

Comment

Floyd should be next

Marquez can wait

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                    Im praying for JMM, for me honestly Floyd fight is easy and will dissapoint. He would get rid of Mayweather in 3-4 rounds. Floyd doesnt know Pac, he won't see the shots like he didn't see Ortiz shots when he was losing against Ortiz 3 of the 4 rounds. JMM is the only one who knows Manny as is able to put on a competitive fight against him. So really hope it's JMM in Mexico.. that would be epic!!
                    You have got to be kidding me. You're praying for Marquez because Floyd is too easy to beat? Stop it boy. You don't even believe that yourself. If he was so easy to beat, then why not fight him and beat him? After last week, a blind man can see that Floyd Mayweather would be a nightmare for Manny Pacquiao. You are what is classified as a *******. The facts of the matter are null and void inside of that fantasy world called your mind. I think you're just saying this to invoke a response from people. Surely you don't hold ant truth to your own words. You are one of those guys who Jim Lampley descirbed as irrational.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
                      Full negotiations timeline, part 1. - http://www.fighthype.com/pages/maywe...imeline-1.html
                      thanks.....

Comment

Working...
                      X