Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First words from Larry Merchant's mouth after Mayweather KO'd Ortiz...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
    I don't want "neutral" boxing announcers, that's boring. I want passionate announcers with opinions, feelings, beliefs, and a likeminded love of boxing like I have. That's why I like Merchant and I like Kellerman. Want neutral? Go hop in your car and roll down a hill, boring.
    once they get in the ring, they need to be netural. again, Merchant had a negative tone in his voice when talking to floyd. he had already discredited floyds win and opponent while commentating during the fight which floyd could have heard. so thats another thing that could have set him off.

as said, i dont agree withwhat floyd did but im not against it either. Merchant is a known hater and thats how he speaks

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      How many times are you gonna give thanks in one interview? He had already done that. Merchant let him didn't cut him off. Then he tried again, and that's when Merchant cut him off.

I mean is that what the whole interview suppose to be? Just giving thanks?
      Homie if wants to give thanks then let him. He just won a fight. Last thing he needs is Larry slow talking old azz trying to talk slick.

I don't WTF you dudes are tripping for. His old azz been doing that to people like Floyd, b hop and Roy for years. His old azz needed that.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
        I'm going to say it one more time. Listen to larrys shrug tone. listen to Larrys commentating during the fight which Floyd may have heard. While larry was giving floyd some props, he wasnt giving him full credit
        So much dumb ***** being posted that even I'm surprised lol.. But this post right here did it for me LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
          Yes, it's called being a classy gentleman, and Floyd is anything but that.
          Floyd can be classy when he wants to be. The chemistry between him and Larry is just not a good mix at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
            Homie if wants to give thanks then let him. He just won a fight. Last thing he needs is Larry slow talking old azz trying to talk slick.

I don't WTF you dudes are tripping for. His old azz been doing that to people like Floyd, b hop and Roy for years. His old azz needed that.
            Again, how many times are you going to give thanks in one interview? Should there be no limit? Should the whole interview be about giving thanks?

And, it should be noted, that B-Hop said a some of the criticism he received from Merchant was warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
              once they get in the ring, they need to be netural. again, Merchant had a negative tone in his voice when talking to floyd. he had already discredited floyds win and opponent while commentating during the fight which floyd could have heard. so thats another thing that could have set him off.

as said, i dont agree with floyd didnt but im not against it either. Merchant is a known hater and thats how he speaks
              That's the problem these dudes aren't neutral. Maybe these dudes need to learn how to conduct without interjecting their own feelings.

Comment

LOL !!! this thread is funny.

Comment

Again, how many times are you going to give thanks in one interview? Should there be no limit? Should the whole interview be about giving thanks?

And, it should be noted, that B-Hop said a some of the criticism he received from Merchant was warranted.
                  *shakes head*

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                    Floyd can be classy when he wants to be. The chemistry between him and Larry is just not a good mix at this point.
                    Oh well, that just makes it more interesting. And for anyone who says that Larry Merchant is biased or unfair and had THAT coming to him from Floyd, I'll remind you of the fact that when Marvin Hagler was upset with Larry Merchant in the 80's for not giving him the perceived proper credit, The Marvelous One never cursed or verbally assaulted him. Hagler simply went into the ring and did what it took to earn the man's respect. Period.

Comment

well, the same could be said for floyd. how do we know it wasnt merchants criticism calling floyds fights "boring" that prompted floyd to fight more toe-to-toe? so in that case, it was warranted as well. not saying this is the case but possible. jus sayin

he can give as many thanks as he wants. he just came back from a layoff and wanted to say his piece. wouldnt make a difference if it was you or myself. if we had something to say and someone cut us off, we'd have a problem with it too. so lets be real here, jro

Comment

Working...
                      X