Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we please get PBF-JMM II after JMM KOs Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trapped Bird View Post
    I thought JMM landed a really nice right hand in the 2nd round just before he was knocked down. If JMM goes over the tape and focuses the angle at which he threw that right hand and Floyd's bodily position in the exact moment of that punch, I think a fighter with JMM's intelligence could then uncover more openings and more angles that he could use against Floyd. It's really unfortunate that the first fight wasn't close on the scorecards because to beat a guy like a Floyd I think you need to get outclassed first and then really hit the tape hard to see what his weaknesses are and how you can correct your weaknesses. I think if there's any fighter in the game right now that could completely turn a fight around from fight #1 to fight #2, it would be JMM. Just my opinion, of course.

none..

thats how many..

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
      none..

thats how many..
      You tricked me, I thought you wanted to discuss boxing. Enjoy ignore.

Comment

You tricked me, I thought you wanted to discuss boxing. Enjoy ignore.
        i did not trick u by any means, its just marquez got shut out COMPLETELY

i just find this "marquez breaking floyds will" is so beyond crazy

Comment

Marquez is one of the smartest active boxers but Floyd Mayweather is the smartest active boxer. He also has more power, speed, and athleticism.

Can Marquez knock manny out?

No but if he comes in real sharp he could win a decision. He has slowed down a little but so has Pacquiao. This will undeniably be the toughest fight for manny since the last time he fought marquez

Comment

If Floyd can make 140lbs then make it happen. If not, then it's worthless just like their last meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              If Floyd can make 140lbs then make it happen. If not, then it's worthless just like their last meeting.
              I think JMM would be comfortable at 144. He needs to let Floyd come in at 146 though. No more cheating the scales for Floyd-o.

Comment

I really felt that Marquez was really close to breaking Floyd's will in that fight. I think after going back and looking over the tape, a fighter with Marquez's high ring IQ can turn the tables and give Money his first loss.

What do you guys think?
                I've already pre-ordered it at $70.

Comment

#1: I think I'm in the minority here when I say that I give Márquez a good chance at beating Pacquiao this November. Márquez is older and fighting out of his weight class, but to look at his fight with Floyd and say, "Look, see?" is stretching it. He looked bad because of two reasons:

A. Weight

B. Floyd's a clean counterpuncher and Marquez needs people to engage with him in order for him to get his counterpunching working. Márquez is a counterpuncher but he needs opponents to stay inside in order for him to do that

...which is why Pacquiao's style lends itself to him. In addition to that, Pacquiao may have gotten accustomed to fighting guys that never really had a proper style to beat Pacquiao in his last three fights. Mosley had a shot by landing a bomb (that was it). Margarito had zero defense. He beat Pacquiao up a little but he was never in that fight. Clottey...turned into a ninja turtle in that fight. The last fighter Pacquiao faced that was somewhat competitive or had boxing technique was either Cotto back in 2009 (and he got his ass kicked)...and Márquez in 2008. Márquez is not the same fighter nor is he in his weight class, but I think he's going to surprise people if he doesn't turn into Clottey or Mosley...and I say this because these two guys did not offer ANY kind of resistance and seemed content to cash in. Margarito, who didn't deserve his fight with Pacquiao, at least fought his ass off en route to a shut-out.

#2: No. We do NOT need to see Márquez/Floyd again. Even if Márquez busts Pacquiao up for 12 rounds and they go on for a fourth fight and Márquez knocks him out in the 1st round, the fight is useless. Floyd's style doesn't suit Márquez. Styles make fights. The same way that [Victor] Ortiz would've gotten his ass kicked had he beaten Mayweather and gone on to fight Pacquiao. Ortiz would've been bludgeoned by Pacquiao. It's the styles. Márquez CANNOT beat Floyd. No need for a rematch under ANY circumstances.

Comment

no one senses the OPs sarcasm? smh
                    Last edited by Pacquiao'd; 09-19-2011, 10:52 PM.

Comment

if JMM is the best, then take the test.

Comment

Working...
                      X