Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBC orders David Lemieux vs. Marco Antonio Rubio final eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait. Lemiuex is my favorite figher. Don't remember the last time I was this excited for FNF's.

Comment

Do not be surprised if this fight goes the distance. If Lemieux cannot catch him clean early, Rubio will go into survival mode once he tastes Lemieux's power, and over the past few years he has gotten good at it.

Comment

If Lemieux wins, he'll be in most top 10 lists at middleweight.

I have a feeling that Rubio will be well-prepared and give him a tough fight.

Comment

Weights from Montreal

David Lemieux 159.6 vs. Marco Antonio Rubio 159.15**
          (WBC middleweight title eliminator)

Adonis Stevenson 166.6 vs. Derek Edwards 167.13

**Rubio originally weighed in heavy at 160 pounds, 7 ounces and came back and made the middleweight limit

Promoter: GYM (Group Yvon Michel)
          Venue: Bell Centre
          Television: ESPN2
          First Bell: 7pm

Lemieux: I’m the hardest hitter

by Dave Spencer

There’s no denying that 22-year-old David Lemieux has power. Twenty-four knockouts in twenty-five fights is proof enough, but Friday from the Bell Centre in Montreal and live on ESPN2 Friday Night Fights should show exactly where the local fighter stands in terms of the middleweight division as he tackles his toughest challenge to date in Marco Antonio Rubio (48-5-1 42KO) in a WBC title elimination bout. In terms of raw punching power, Lemieux firmly believes he stands at the top of the heap as far as the 160 pound division goes. “I believe I’m the hardest hitter out of anybody in the rankings. “I think I hit harder than any of them, I pretty much see myself on top of the food chain for hitting.”
          So far that food chain has consisted mainly of the fast food variety with all but two of his fights lasting less than four rounds, but Lemieux is ready for a full twelve course meal if need be to get by the experienced Rubio who has twice fought for world titles and fought in a number of title eliminators.

“It’s going to be different Friday night,” said Lemieux, “The result might be the same, but I think it will be different in that in the past people might have under-estimated me, but I’m sure he won’t under-estimate me. When I hit somebody solidly, there’s a good opportunity that he doesn’t recuperate by the count of eight. But I’m expecting to box, I’m ready to do twelve rounds, if I got to do twelve, I’ll do twelve rounds, but I’ve only tried that once. But if the opportunity comes (to end things early), I’m going to take it and not let go of it.”

Asked what exactly it’s like to be hit by David Lemieux, the young slugger wasn’t envious of his opponent’s on the other side of the leather. “It don’t feel good, that’s a start, it don’t feel good. I know how I hit and if I ever saw my face in front of my fist, that’s not somewhere I want to be, I don’t want to ruin this pretty face.”

Comment

I wish I could go back and pick Rubio now. Poor guy is getting shut out in a poll

Comment

Originally posted by Heebarican View Post
              I wish I could go back and pick Rubio now. Poor guy is getting shut out in a poll
              You know, people may be selling Rubio short, he's been on quite a KO streak lately. He's has a lot of experience.

I just hope Lemieux hasn't underestimated him.

Comment

One poster had it right in the poll:

Toney Loc

Comment

Now it's Rubio who's in MW TOP 10. If Chavez jr beats Zbik and Rubio, he'll be TOP 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
                    Now it's Rubio who's in MW TOP 10. If Chavez jr beats Zbik and Rubio, he'll be TOP 3.
                    Lmao what happened with the dumb dominican who predicted a 4th round KO by Lemeieux and all the others that "thought highly of him"??

Hahahahahahahaha, the fool fanboy that was excited for the first time about FNF because his man was going to headline must had gave up his ESPN service.

Comment

Working...
                    X