No announcement yet.

How do I become a great fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I become a great fighter?

I just dropped out of college and joined a boxing gym because I want to be a champion boxer. Just wondering exactly how good one's skills must be in order to be a champ?

not a good choice to leave college for something that about 1 in 100 people become champions at. watch some videos of pros and study workouts of ppl online. everything makes you a champ. counterpunching, balance, defense, speed, power, strength, footwork, offensive fighting, defensive fighting, feinting, dodging/ducking & slipping, everything man. its not just a few things champs arent made the night after they dropped out of college.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpee
      I just dropped out of college and joined a boxing gym because I want to be a champion boxer. Just wondering exactly how good one's skills must be in order to be a champ?
      hahaha. i thought about quittin my job a few times thinkin hell if i do good in boxin i can be these bitches bosses but u have to have pretty good technique,able to take a punch cause when u see fighters in the tv takin punches and actin like it didnt hurt,well that **** hurts ahahaha. an alright chin,heart,dont nessecarily need speed or power to be a champ u gotta be smart in the ring and being a good counter is pretty useful also,and good promoting is also good

Comment

goddamn..thas either real dedication..or jsut stupid...
        if you have heart you can do it...sicne you already dropped out why dont you moved out where your at and live at the gym..then you can become champ

Comment

Originally posted by slurpee
          Champ like Undisputed or Champ like IBO?

Comment

go back to college never sacrifice a career for something that may change in a day

in college you get an education that regardless will be with you forever, with boxing you can get popped by a chump in sparring just to make you look bad and it can end your boxing career

all somebody has to do is hit you at the right angle on the eye and your boxing careers over regardless

knowledge will be with you until the day you die (or go nuts)

Comment

I agree. Why cant you go to college full time and box? Thats like quitting your job and trying out for the pros if you might not even make it. That doesn't make since dog. Play it smart, if you wanna box then you can, but you can go to college too. Yea its hard but you cover your ass.

Comment

That reminds me of that show on Showtime. "Ressurection BLVD" where that kid drops out of college and goes Pro and just when he gets that championship bout after 16-0, he looses. Don't be hasty man. Boxing isn't just some sport you pick up after dropping something like college. I never went to college but I do box just because it's easier for me to hit faces than books. But you should go back to school. Getting a degree is easier than becoming a champion in most cases.

Comment

Finish college....

Comment

you gotta be somethin epic to become a champion. bottom line is you gotta be a tough mutha****er. and a DEDICATED mutha****er.

99.9% of boxing isnt glamourous like Judah and Mayweather make it seem. man i got into boxing thinking i would be like Roy Jones in a few weeks lol. the truth is painful.

Comment

Working...
                    X