No announcement yet.

Similarities Between Wlad, Haye, and Price Losses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similarities Between Wlad, Haye, and Price Losses

* When Wladimir fought Lamon Brewster in 2004, he hurt Brewster early and spent a lot of energy trying to finish him. He lost by TKO in the 5th round.

* When David Haye fought Carl Thompson, also in 2004, he dropped Thompson early on and spent a lot of energy trying to finish him off. He lost by TKO in the 5th round.

* Today Price dropped Thompson early and spent a lot of energy trying to get him out of there. He also lost by TKO in the 5th round.

When Wladimir lost to Brewster Vitali suggested he think about retiring. I remember the commentator saying "David Haye's career is in absolute tatters" when Haye lost to Carl Thompson. Are we giving up on Price too soon?

i don't jump on bandwagons but this guy doesn't have the tools to build the shed

Comment

Wlad was very skilled but not polished. David Price is neither

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
        * When Wladimir fought Lamon Brewster in 2004, he hurt Brewster early and spent a lot of energy trying to finish him. He lost by TKO in the 5th round.

* When David Haye fought Carl Thompson, also in 2004, he dropped Thompson early on and spent a lot of energy trying to finish him off. He lost by TKO in the 5th round.

* Today Price dropped Thompson early and spent a lot of energy trying to get him out of there. He also lost by TKO in the 5th round.

When Wladimir lost to Brewster Vitali suggested he think about retiring. I remember the commentator saying "David Haye's career is in absolute tatters" when Haye lost to Carl Thompson. Are we giving up on Price too soon?
        Hate on Haye but he has skills. He gassed because he put out a lot of work. Wlad and Price are similar in terms of being big men, but Price lacks a lot, mainly heart and a chin. Wlad and Haye at least have good jabs etc... Price has a right hand only.

Comment

Differences;

They weren't knocked out early by the same fighter the fight prior.

Comment

Naw, it's different.

Had Haye rematched Thompson and lost again, they'd be in the same boat. But Price was meant to correct this little 'fault' and was just shown to not have the heart/brain for the sport.

He said he'd consider retirement from the sport if he lost again, which I think is the best option, he's found his limitations. He looks mentally broken now.

Comment

Got to question Price's heart.

Also, he seems to fold as soon as he's hit; whether to the body or head

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                Got to question Price's heart.

Also, he seems to fold as soon as he's hit; whether to the body or head
                Think he's too nice of a guy...

You know you see people on here saying that there could be a potential world champion walking around but would never know because he didn't explore the sport, or the fastest, strongest, hardest hitting etc...

Price to me is what happens when you pick up a kid who bangs hard and throw him in a sport that requires so much more. Credit to his fitness, he's in-shape for the size he is and normally has good stamina. But mentally, I don't think he has the toughness or the boxing IQ.

Comment

Carl "The Cat" Thompson wasn't dropped by Haye. You could argue it should have been stopped early as he was taking a one-sided caning, but... what a guy.

Comment

So the idea here is they ran out of gas and it wasn't their chins.

Comment

Working...
                    X