No announcement yet.

Adonis Stevenson will easily defeat Don George

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adonis Stevenson will easily defeat Don George

Stevenson has some genuine talent, while Don George is just a clubfighter as far as I can see.

What do you think?
    Don George will win
    54.55%
    Adonis Stevenson will win
    45.45%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Stevenson has some genuine talent, while Don George is just a clubfighter as far as I can see.

What do you think?

George has some pop but very little defense.

He may go for it and get ko'ed quick.

He is a come forward type of guy but can't always get off.
    Probably his only chance.

He was somewhat exposed already by Francisco Sierra, himself a wild slugger, so Stevenson winning isn't going to really propel him to greater heights.

Time to step up the comp, if Stevenson's team can get a good fight.

He's ready or should be.

Comment

Stevenson has a quetionable chin, I mean he was stopped by Darnell Boone. But damn he has some pop and can bang, and I think he'll KO George rather easily. I'd love to see him fight Pavlik, Rodriguez, Oothuizen, Bika, Dirrell, anyone like that after this.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
        He'll be Carl Froch's mandatory after he wins.
        That won't happen though. I think Froch will fight the Bute rematch or Kessler after his next fight. I don't see why Stevenson and Rodriguez don't fight in like a final IBF eliminator. But I'm pretty sure Rodriguez turned down fighting Stevenson this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          That won't happen though. I think Froch will fight the Bute rematch or Kessler after his next fight. I don't see why Stevenson and Rodriguez don't fight in like a final IBF eliminator. But I'm pretty sure Rodriguez turned down fighting Stevenson this fall.

Froch gains nothing by fighting him.

Froch earned his way up the chain so he can call the shots now.

Titles be damned.

Comment

With a questionable chin, losing to a clubfighter and at what 35 years old?? There is no real upside. 25 years old, yes but not 35.

Comment

This could end up just like the fight George had with White where he was favored to get beaten by the unbeaten then White with a high ko% after George just lost to Sierra but George just caught him early and stopped him. George isn't great or that good really but he does have some power so it could be a fun fight that doesn't last very long for either guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Stevenson has some genuine talent, while Don George is just a clubfighter as far as I can see.What do you think?
                This one doesn't look to come down to talent, it comes down to who lands the biggest bombs first or more often. Thats what is going to decide the fight. They are both about the same. Both hit hard, one is older than the hills and the other is sloppier. Who gets there first and more often. Slight favor towards Stevenson.

Comment

im surprised the voting is so close 5-3 for stevenson

Comment

Im picking George, I think George is going to take Stevenson into deep waters and drown him. Stevenson has a question chin and has his hands real low. Don has a very sneaky right hand that can end it in one shot. Im picking George by surprise KO in the middle rounds to late rounds like what he did to Cornelius White.

Comment

Working...
                    X