No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather: "Do I want to test the waters and one day fight at 160? Yes"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    I highly doubt Floyd will ever fight at 160. I hate when I hear people say "Leonard fought at 160, why can't Floyd???". Floyd is MUCH smaller than Ray, Floyd started at 130. So, if Floyd were to go to 160 and beat Sergio Martinez, it'd have to go down as one of the greatest wins of all-time. If Floyd-Sergio does happen, which is still unlikely, it'd happen at 154, which is good. If Floyd were to fight Sergio at 154, I don't see how anyone could say he's afraid of Manny Pacquiao at 147.

Still, highly doubt Floyd fights Sergio at 154, but at least it's sort of possible. But Floyd vs. Sergio at 160.....no way that happens. The only way I see Floyd going to 160 eventually is if someone like Peter Quillin upset Sergio along the way, and than Floyd went up there to fight Quillin or something.

Floyd is too small for 154 really, and at 160, he'd be tiny.
    By the time he moves up to 160 (if he does) Martinez will be retired. When and if Floyd moves up he will fight a bum with a strap which is more than Pac did when "winning" his 154 strap.

It's very likely that he will move up before he retires but will select a perfect opponent as 160 is very big for him and like I said, size beats Floyd.

Comment

How about test the waters at 147 with a little guy name Pacquiao. i think it will be a decent ppv money/fight. I'm throwing it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
        ****ing lol!!
        If Floyd beat Sergio at 160, that'd be f**king huge. I don't see how anyone can dispute that. It'd be the biggest win for a boxer since maybe Felix-Oscar. It would be a great win. Still, it has about a 1% chance of happening.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          how do you see Mayweather-Martinez playing out?
          Martinez being a southpaw with speed and power, it will be difficult for Floyd.

However Martinez is shorter than De La hoya so its not like Martinez will tower over Mayweather.

I wouldn't be able make a pick until I watched both Martinez' and Mayweather's fights coming up as they're getting at that age where they can start slipping over night. Especially Martinez who's older.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
            Comedian, do you work for Floyd Mayweather in ANY capacity?
            Are you related to the Mayweathers?

Be honest, your just a corporate shill.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Imagine a Floyd Martinez fight. That would be nuts.
              It would over shadow Mayweather vs Pac in the eyes of real boxing fans.

The general public wouldn't have any idea who Martinez is or the risk Floyd would be taking by fighting him so they would still want a Floyd Pac fight.

Floyd Martinez >>>>>>>>> Floyd Pac

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                By the time he moves up to 160 (if he does) Martinez will be retired. When and if Floyd moves up he will fight a bum with a strap which is more than Pac did when "winning" his 154 strap.

It's very likely that he will move up before he retires but will select a perfect opponent as 160 is very big for him and like I said, size beats Floyd.
                Size alone can't beat Floyd. Let's not forget at 130, Floyd was fighting welterweights on fight night. He would come in at just a bit above 130, while his opponents came in at above 140, some even at 145-147. Let's not forget Floyd was 149 vs Baldomir's 160+, and Floyd was 150 vs Ortiz's 164. That's just to name a few.

Martinez can beat Floyd cause of his skill AND size. But you said size beats Floyd, which is false in my eyes, and Floyd has proved that it's false. You don't only need size to beat him, you need a lot more than that. Like do you really see Pavlik or Chavez Jr winning 2-3 rounds vs Floyd? They're huge aren't they? They're big, tall, long reach, Chavez Jr comes in as a cruiiserweight on fight night...but they would stylistically suck against some one like Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                  Comedian, do you work for Floyd Mayweather in ANY capacity?
                  Are you related to the Mayweathers?

Be honest, your just a corporate shill.
                  DAMN TOOL.... I though you had died..............lmao

Where in the hell have you been *******???

Comment

After Martinez gets his WBC belt back, they can fight at 155.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post

Couldnt have said it better.... Toms of size beats floyd....

Comment

Working...
                      X