Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old School Boxers Physique's Compared To Current Fighters Physique's.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old School Boxers Physique's Compared To Current Fighters Physique's.

I find it amazing how different body types of old school fighters and modern day fighters really are.

I find pre 1950's the great were no were near as ripped, muscley, or toned. They didn't all have these incredible physique's with a 6 pack or massive biceps etc.

Let's take a look at some of some old school fighter's physique's.

Tony Canzoneri

Jack Dempsey

Harry Greb.

Jimmy Mclarnin

Now these fighters were truley some of the best of all time. But yet, there physique's looked mostly average. Yet most of todays crop of fighters have these incredible physique's with a 6 pack or massive biceps etc.

Thoughts and views on this subject?

A look at some current modern day fighters Physique's. Next page.........
    Last edited by MeccaOfBoxing; 07-30-2010, 04:30 PM.

Timoth Bradley

Comment

Think it applies to a lot of sports.
      Think people know a lot more about diet and maybe some dodgy chemicals these days.

I think that in a lot of sports these days you have people who are fine general athletes who find a sport to use their physique on and learn the rudiments and play by numbers. They don't have the missing x factor i.e. a god given skill the ability to do something different. These guys know whatever game they take up from A to Z but are not naturals and would struggle to re write the book.
      Guess a non boxing example might be Nadal and McEnroe?

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
        Think it applies to a lot of sports.
        Think people know a lot more about diet and maybe some dodgy chemicals these days.

I think that in a lot of sports these days you have people who are fine general athletes who find a sport to use their physique on and learn the rudiments and play by numbers. They don't have the missing x factor i.e. a god given skill the ability to do something different. These guys know whatever game they take up from A to Z but are not naturals and would struggle to re write the book.
        Guess a non boxing example might be Nadal and McEnroe?
        But do you think todays fighters are a little busy obsessing over diet and nutrition, weights etc when they should be a boxing gym learning?

It boxing not bodybuilding......

Comment

They had better chins...

Comment

For the past fighters Good examples could be : Walcott (Cream) , Norton and Foreman . Maybe Shavers too.
            For the present / near past you should have mentioned : Bruno , Holyfield , Wladimir Klitschko and in the below HW Thomas Hearns , Chris Eubank , Julian Jackson .

Comment

Jack Johnson had one of the most incredible physiques I've ever seen. From his legs to his shoulders, he was a rare type for his time. Must have been from years of hard work and good genetics.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                Jack Johnson had one of the most incredible physiques I've ever seen. From his legs to his shoulders, he was a rare type for his time. Must have been from years of hard work and good genetics.
                Yeah, pretty good physique:

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
                  Yeah, pretty good physique:

uhh...are you kidding me, dudes body looks like Juan Diaz's. Compared to Wlad hes trash.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldenEra View Post
                    But do you think todays fighters are a little busy obsessing over diet and nutrition, weights etc when they should be a boxing gym learning?

It boxing not bodybuilding......
                    Couldn't agree more, a lot of fighters I see nowadays seem to even know the basics but not much else.

Comment

Working...
                    X