No announcement yet.

The internet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The internet

The internet is amazing. I heard a song on the simpsons. I typed in some of the lyrics, found the song and artist. typed in on you tuve, and now am listening to it - all in a few minutes. Id looked it up a while ago before. Its Tom pettys the waiting

Originally posted by platinummatt
    The internet is amazing. I heard a song on the simpsons. I typed in some of the lyrics, found the song and artist. typed in on you tuve, and now am listening to it - all in a few minutes. Id looked it up a while ago before. Its Tom pettys the waiting
    ..psssst, empty your PM file.

Comment

seriously, i think about this all the time.
      i did not even have my own computer until 1995!
      when i was a kid (1970s and very early 1980s), i would wait by the stereo with my cassette on record/pause just waiting for a great song to come on, then record the song. half the itme it was almost impossible for me to get the name of the song or the name of the group/band/artist. sometiems i would get desperate and call the radio station and attempt to sing the few lyrics that i thought i knew (usually the chorus). lmao! i NEVER got the lyrics right and the DJ always rofl at me. very embarrassing.

there was this episode of Friends where Pheobe thought Elton John was saying "Tony Danza" instead of "Tiny Dancer". Yea, I was THAT bad.

so now i am just in awe of how eay it is now. i listen to the radio. if i like a new song, i just have to remember a few lines of the lyrics then do a google search. get the song name and artist and download it. how great is that!!!!!

Comment

lol you used to call them up how old were you? aww lol. Or I can come on here. I searched on the net for a song I liked, couldnt find it, asked on the hip hop forum, and someone told me.

Comment

lol you used to call them up how old were you? aww lol. Or I can come on here. I searched on the net for a song I liked, couldnt find it, asked on the hip hop forum, and someone told me.
          i have always loved music so i guess i was a just a kid (8 and up). back then, if they played something you weren;t familiar with you had to rely on the DJ telling you the song name and group, but sometimes they waited to tell you the bands they played in a block. it was all so confusing. lol!

as i got in my teens it became easier to spot the bands/groups by music, but not the titles. the internet has made my musical life so much easier. lol! thank goodness for i-pods

Comment

Originally posted by * Fiesty Wench
            seriously, i think about this all the time.
            i did not even have my own computer until 1995!
            when i was a kid (1970s and very early 1980s), i would wait by the stereo with my cassette on record/pause just waiting for a great song to come on, then record the song. half the itme it was almost impossible for me to get the name of the song or the name of the group/band/artist. sometiems i would get desperate and call the radio station and attempt to sing the few lyrics that i thought i knew (usually the chorus). lmao! i NEVER got the lyrics right and the DJ always rofl at me. very embarrassing.

there was this episode of Friends where Pheobe thought Elton John was saying "Tony Danza" instead of "Tiny Dancer". Yea, I was THAT bad.

so now i am just in awe of how eay it is now. i listen to the radio. if i like a new song, i just have to remember a few lines of the lyrics then do a google search. get the song name and artist and download it. how great is that!!!!!

LOL!!!!! I think I've talked to you before. One of the best misinterpreted lyrics I've ever heard was a guy wanting to request a Kathy Mattea song....well, actually he called up after it played. Then name of the song is "Knee Deep in a River"; and the chorus is along the lines of ....standing knee deep in a river; and dying of thirst..." So, this old guy calls up and asks, "What's all this about 'Eating Bean Dip in a River?!"

I damn near busted a gut!

Anyhoo, I remember making cassettes of my favorite songs off the radio when I was a kid. Still don't have my own computer; but it's on my "to-do list".

Comment

lmao bean dip

Comment

....another one (last one, I promise) was a song by the Kentucky Headhunters called "Dumas Walker", which was a song about a shanty club where everybody hung out.

The lyrics went: "....let's all goooooo down to Dumas Walker..."

Somebody called up, thinking the lyrics were obscene. "I just don't think it's right singing about sex like that: everybody going down to 'Do Miss Walker..."

Once again, I damn near had to be hospitalized from nearly Dying of Laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
                  ....another one (last one, I promise) was a song by the Kentucky Headhunters called "Dumas Walker", which was a song about a shanty club where everybody hung out.

The lyrics went: "....let's all goooooo down to Dumas Walker..."

Somebody called up, thinking the lyrics were obscene. "I just don't think it's right singing about sex like that: everybody going down to 'Do Miss Walker..."

Once again, I damn near had to be hospitalized from nearly Dying of Laughter.
                  lmao! those are great. i, unfortunately, am too mortified to ever admit my misinterpretation of lyrics as a kid.
                  not to mention my horrendous singing voice in trying to get the DJ to guess this unknown song. this particular DJ would record me and play it on the radio. i am just grateful that he never used my name.

K-Dogg if you have any other mistaken lyrics, please share. i enjoy it. makes me feel less pathetic.

Comment

lol... record? Thats harsh.

Comment

Working...
                    X