No announcement yet.

UFC Moscow bonuses: Aleksei Oleinik cashes in by choking out Mark Hunt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC Moscow bonuses: Aleksei Oleinik cashes in by choking out Mark Hunt

Aleksei Oleinik’s first UFC main event couldn’t have yielded a more fruitful outcome.

“The Boa Constrictor” wrapped up Mark Hunt with a first-round rear-naked choke submission to close out UFC Moscow on Saturday, and earn himself a $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus. It was the fourth such award of the Ukrainian heavyweight’s eight-fight UFC career.

Also picking up bonus checks were Polish light heavyweight Jan Blachowicz, for his second-round D’Arce choke submission of Nikita Krylov, and light heavyweight Magomed Ankalaev, who rebounded from a last-second loss to Paul Craig this past March to score a first-round knockout of Marcin Prachnio.

This was the first performance bonus for Ankalaev, and the third for Blachowicz who previously won the Fight of the Night award for his three-round war with Jimi Manuwa in March.

The UFC Moscow Fight of the Night award went to Petr Yan and Jin Soo Son, though only Yan will receive a $50,000 bonus due to Son missing weight on Friday.

The reported attendance for Saturday’s event was 21,258, with a gate of $1.83 million. According to the UFC, this is the fifth highest attendance in company history.

Didn't watch this cuz I didn't realize it was on so early, but I suppose the age old question of does Mark Hunt actually have a neck has finally been answered...and to my surprise in the affirmative.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Didn't watch this cuz I didn't realize it was on so early, but I suppose the age old question of does Mark Hunt actually have a neck has finally been answered...and to my surprise in the affirmative.
      So you have UFC Fight Pass? That's 10 bucks a month right? And can you watch replays of all their past events or just the ones that air exclusively on their website? Like, can you watch their old PPVs and older fights on there too?

Comment

Hunt needs to walk away already.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          So you have UFC Fight Pass? That's 10 bucks a month right? And can you watch replays of all their past events or just the ones that air exclusively on their website? Like, can you watch their old PPVs and older fights on there too?
          No I don't currently have Fight Pass. Have had it a couple times in the past doe. But yea they got past events on there. I think there is just a certain time freeze with putting PPV's on there, but I don't recall what that time period is off the top of my head. What I loved about it is they got a vast library of other MMA leagues & even other combat sports.

Comment

Hunt's a warrior, the old man has earned his retirement. Sad he lost to drug cheats though, nice guys finish last

Comment

No I don't currently have Fight Pass. Have had it a couple times in the past doe. But yea they got past events on there. I think there is just a certain time freeze with putting PPV's on there, but I don't recall what that time period is off the top of my head. What I loved about it is they got a vast library of other MMA leagues & even other combat sports.
              Cool. I've been meaning to get it and re up on WWE network, as I like their old school wrestler bios and streaming PPVs and old weekly shows. Also read Kyra Gracie has a show where she travels the world to study different martial arts, which sounds pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Cool. I've been meaning to get it and re up on WWE network, as I like their old school wrestler bios and streaming PPVs and old weekly shows. Also read Kyra Gracie has a show where she travels the world to study different martial arts, which sounds pretty cool.
                Oh yea they do got some various shows on there that would be of interest to combat sport/MMA fans. I forgot about them.

Comment

Oh yea they do got some various shows on there that would be of interest to combat sport/MMA fans. I forgot about them.
                  I read back in 2010, since she used to compete in BJJ, that she was thinking about competing in MMA, but then she had kids and that kind of derailed any chance of that. Unless she decides to take a few fights when she's older, like boxer Dewey Bozella did when he got out of prison after a wrongful conviction and got to compete professionally at 52 or Herschel Walker at a couple Strikeforce shows years after retiring from the NFL. She's not too bad looking, so she's marketable, which probably brings viewers to her show.

Comment

Mark Hunt sucks big time .. He has always whines a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X