No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire Comments on Proposed Rigondeaux Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire Comments on Proposed Rigondeaux Clash

Junior featherweight world champion Nonito “Filipino Flash” Donaire Jr. spoke to BoxingScene.com/CSNBayArea.com Thursday afternoon regarding a proposed April 27 HBO-televised showdown with Cuban 122-pound titleholder Guillermo Rigondeaux.

[Click Here To Read More]

Its all up to Bob!

Comment

Rigondeaux, Darchinyan and Chris John. IDK why he wants a Vic rematch.

Comment

Make it happen for crying out loud

Comment

Arum is ridiculous...Mares has to leave Goldenboy to fight Donaire??what kinda **** is Bob smoking?he would let one of his fighters leave to fight a GoldenBoy fighter..and people think this guy is not the reasons fights arnt being made?

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
            Arum is ridiculous...Mares has to leave Goldenboy to fight Donaire??what kinda **** is Bob smoking?he would let one of his fighters leave to fight a GoldenBoy fighter..and people think this guy is not the reasons fights arnt being made?
            Is that what he meant when he said "If we can free up Mares"?? I thought he was just talking about freeing him up for the date or something.

I can't picture Mares leaving GB anytime soon. He signed with them right when he turned pro and they've built him up extremely well. He's a 5'4" bantamweight that's drawing 7k fans at Staples Center and always has his fights on National TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
              Is that what he meant when he said "If we can free up Mares"?? I thought he was just talking about freeing him up for the date or something.

I can't picture Mares leaving GB anytime soon. He signed with them right when he turned pro and they've built him up extremely well. He's a 5'4" bantamweight that's drawing 7k fans at Staples Center and always has his fights on National TV.
              He basically means if golden boy will step aside because he won't copromote.

The only way this could happen is if mares is made donaires mandatory and it goes to a purse bid, like vanes vs lara

Comment

just beat that 80 year old midget already please. Only reason people think it will be competeitve is cause of his amatuer record but as a pro is hasnt been merely as close to being impressive struggling and running and being wobbled by no name.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post

Is having loyalty for your promoter a positive thing? At the end of the day, they're trying to make as much money off the fighter as they possibly can. It's business right? If GBP really cared about Mares as a fighter, they would be the bigger man and allow TR to promote Donaire/Mares by themselves. Of course that wouldn't happen, because they're trying to develop Mares into a cash cow. Giving up Mares is the same as giving up $$$.

Comment

Hey , phony, why dont you talk about rafael conception ? You were running for you life , especially in the 12 th round . What about narvaez ? He made you look like a real build up man , you couldnt beat him that easy . What about matebula ? This guy beat you for maybe 5 or 6 rounds . Vazquez ? This guy out jabbed you all night. Rigo ? Will expose you , wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                    X