Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most evenly matched, competitive fight(s)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most evenly matched, competitive fight(s)?

In the history of boxing, has there ever been two fighters who could never get the best of one another? Have two fighters ever drawn twice? or thrice?

If the fight(s) didn't end in a draw, could they have easily have?

I would say Leonard/Hearns, but Leonard knocked him out the first time, and the second time the fight didn't mean as much as they were out of their primes. Marquez/Pacquiao comes to mind. . . Hmmm Marquez/Vazquez? Taylor/Hopkins?

I'm talking about two guys who literally fought each other TOOTH AND NAIL MORE THAN ONCE! Where the fights couldn't have been closer!
    Last edited by UglyPug; 10-26-2011, 09:28 AM.

Multiple fights, I don't know. But Pacquiao-Marquez 2 is the most even fight I've ever seen.

Comment

Holman Williams and Charley Burley split 7 fights right down the middle I believe if that counts

Comment

taylor vs Hopkins seems like a good choice Norton vs Ali also

Comment

Although Barrera had a slight edge his trilogy with Moralles was very closely fought!

Jersey Joe Walcott had several closely contested fights with Ezzard Charles, winning two and losing 2.

A couple of other closely fought fights:

Holmes vs Norton

Holyfield vs Bowe 2

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
            Holman Williams and Charley Burley split 7 fights right down the middle I believe if that counts
            holy shyt! NOW THAT is what you call two evenly matched pugs!

Thank you for this information that I would have otherwise never known!

Comment

thank you everybody else for your responses as well! keep 'em coming if you can think of anymore pugilistic match-ups in which there was never a clear winner.

Comment

you talkin' about rivals?

ted lewis and jack britton

they fought an ungodly amount of times

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  you talkin' about rivals?

ted lewis and jack britton

they fought an ungodly amount of times
                  was it a lamotta/robinson one sided type rivarly? or was it evenly matched, when all was said and done neither got the better of the other. . .

Comment

Working...
                  X