• Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch

So we have Nottinghams first World Champion

What a fight, Froch is a true warrior.

Originally posted by adietheforestfa View Post

He is indeed. Did you go to the fight? Absolutely unbelievable, looked like a great atmosphere too. Can't believe I didn't go!

Comment

****ing Omar Pittman nearly KO'd Pascal in his last fight, he was wobbling on chicken legs before coming back. He is a b-class fighter over here.
      Froch couldn't even hurt him. Froch is a one dimensional punchbag with no defense. As soon as he fights at the top level he's going to get exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by adietheforestfa View Post

Froch is too hung up on Calzaghe I think. He kept dropping his hand and pushing his chin forward. Trouble is that while Calz has sufficient reflexes and elusiveness to get away with it, Froch would get nailed every single time.

I think Carl could be a decent boxer if he stuck to basics. He has enough power and speed but he's too orthodox to do the things that Calzaghe does as evidenced in his fight with Pascal.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Froch is too hung up on Calzaghe I think. He kept dropping his hand and pushing his chin forward. Trouble is that while Calz has sufficient reflexes and elusiveness to get away with it, Froch would get nailed every single time.

I think Carl could be a decent boxer if he stuck to basics. He has enough power and speed but he's too orthodox to do the things that Calzaghe does as evidenced in his fight with Pascal.
          I totally agree, if Froch goes back to basics, works on his defence, just churning out 10-9 rounds with his jab and his footwork, which are things that any decent trainer would drill into him in no time, I think he could go on to be some where near Calzaghe's level.
          On last nights showing, the fight would be stopped early to mid rounds because Froch wouldn't know how to deal with Calzaghe's pressure.
          It was so frustrating really, because when Froch boxed using his jab, Pascal clearly had no answers, he was getting pushed back every time, and Froch's jabs were coming from the waist. Imagine what effect they would have if he had his left up by his face.
          Overall though I see a lot of potential in Froch, but he needs to change trainer or at least do something about that **** defence, he's never gonna be a skillful fighter like a RJJ, he's a good boxer and that's it.

Froch, use the jab you ****!!!!

Comment

Froch once threw a punch at the gym, he went home and came back the next day to see said punch hit the heavybag.

Comment

It was a fantastic fight. On terrestial British TV, too. Hopefully he will have got a lot of recognition for this. It's a joke that he's not more well known over here.

Comment

Froch is overrated
                Taylor beats him, wide UD.

Comment

We now know that Froch has a great chin, It was the first time it was really tested, great fight, best fight on the night and it was free, FUK WANK WARREN.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post
                    Froch is overrated
                    Taylor beats him, wide UD.
                    Froch stops taylor 10 times out of 10.

Comment

Working...
                    X