Trap excersices

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trap excersices

Hey everyone ,

how do those Heavy weights and those UFC guys get such HUGE traps ??? I know thats not ALL from shrugs... IS there any affective excerisises that I can use to make mine bigger ?

thanks guys

Vinny

THere are plenty of trap lifts including shrugs, back shrugs, and wide grip upright rows. You use your traps in a lot of compounds though such as rows,pull ups, and deadlifts.

Comment

Do lots and lots of dips, those will work your entire upperbody but use your traps more when you do them. And hold once you get low, then up, hold when your low, and repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Wyson View Post
        Do lots and lots of dips, those will work your entire upperbody but use your traps more when you do them. And hold once you get low, then up, hold when your low, and repeat
        You don;t use your traps for dips. You use front delts,chest,triceps, and forearms.

Comment

Loads up two dumbells with as much weight as you can carry. Then hold them and walk around for as long as you can. Works for me, and is simplistic as hell.

Comment

Shrugs are the most effective workout for Traps.

Comment

Handstand pushups also work them marginally

Comment

shrugs are the most effective, but switch it up between barbells, cables. I usually do upright rows with both types and it works for me. you can also do reverse flys.

my favorite overall shoulder exercise though are arnold dumbbell presses -> http://www.exercisegoals.com/arnold-press.html

works out your entire shoulder range including your traps. don't forget to work out your neck!

Comment

Shrugs, overhead press, upright rows.

Plus i do medicine ball slams.

Comment

Originally posted by J_CON View Post
                    You don;t use your traps for dips. You use front delts,chest,triceps, and forearms.

actually yes you do....lean forward when you do them and go so low that your shoulders are upward...it hits my traps

Comment

Working...
                    X