No announcement yet.

No more excuses for Cyborg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    I still say this has catchweight written all over it.
    That'd be something to consider, if this was actually a sport. They're just using her name to promote their own, making it look like Cyborg is the one ducking. And some dopes actually buy into this.

Dana White doesn't want this to be a fair fight.

Comment

Why don't they fight at 155lbs that way Cyborg can keep cycling and won't have to cut weight at all, and Ronda should actually gain weight and be out of shape for the fight. Seem fair to me....

Comment

Frankie Edgar is clearly ducking George St. Pierre by not moving up in weight to fight him.

Comment

Those last two posts are just idiotic.

Comment

This thread is basically a bunch of people having a discussion, and Kaps throwing a hissy fit to defend one of his idols.

You got off to a really bad start just as soon as you used Dana White as your main source. And it's all been down hill ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
              This thread is basically a bunch of people having a discussion, and Kaps throwing a hissy fit to defend one of his idols.

You got off to a really bad start just as soon as you used Dana White as your main source. And it's all been down hill ever since.
              WMMA is meh to me, Ronda an idol of mine? Nah, I don't even really care for Judo, they keep changing their rules so they don't get their asses to them by Jiu Jitsu and wrestlers. I just don't understand how everyone's like "Yeah, Ronda should move up to face the cheater." Instead of, "Maybe the cheater should stop cheating, and take the coaching of Dulce offered to her for free so she could fight the only fight that anyone will pay money to see her fight in instead of listening to her dumbass manager." It doesn't matter to me if they fight or not. I don't understand how using Dana as a source is bad in this situation. It's a public statement, everyone has seen it, it's not like if Cyborg said "Yeah send Mike over lets get this thing figured out." Dana would be like "Oh No, I was just saying that to make you look bad and Ronda look good." That's just ******ed. Dana wants this fight more than anyone else because it's really the only 'money' fight in WMMA at the moment, unless they dust off Gina Carano, get her on some meth until she drops 30lbs then have her fight Ronda. The real story here is you guys all have a problem with Ronda, and are chomping at the bit for her to lose to somebody, even if that somebody is a giant clit having testosterone freak like Cyborg...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                WMMA is meh to me, Ronda an idol of mine? Nah, I don't even really care for Judo, they keep changing their rules so they don't get their asses to them by Jiu Jitsu and wrestlers. I just don't understand how everyone's like "Yeah, Ronda should move up to face the cheater." Instead of, "Maybe the cheater should stop cheating, and take the coaching of Dulce offered to her for free so she could fight the only fight that anyone will pay money to see her fight in instead of listening to her dumbass manager." It doesn't matter to me if they fight or not. I don't understand how using Dana as a source is bad in this situation. It's a public statement, everyone has seen it, it's not like if Cyborg said "Yeah send Mike over lets get this thing figured out." Dana would be like "Oh No, I was just saying that to make you look bad and Ronda look good." That's just ******ed. Dana wants this fight more than anyone else because it's really the only 'money' fight in WMMA at the moment, unless they dust off Gina Carano, get her on some meth until she drops 30lbs then have her fight Ronda. The real story here is you guys all have a problem with Ronda, and are chomping at the bit for her to lose to somebody, even if that somebody is a giant clit having testosterone freak like Cyborg...
                Your logic has so many holes in it that I don't know where to begin. But, rather than bicker or insult, I'll just say that if you aren't playing favorites, you'll be able to find some truth in the previous posts here. However, when I hear emotional words like, "******", "freak", and "giant clit having" (wtf?), it leads me to believe that you have no interest in truth, just promoting whoever you like better. Nodogoshi hit on it too and I've already articulated my view on the Rousey/Cyborg thing as best I can so I'll just let it rest.

Comment

It's true that I'm not a fan of Cyborg, It's basically a man fighting women, but not in a funny Andy Kaufman sort of way, in a testosterone using scary way. I just assumed that women who abuse testosterone have giant clits, I've done no research to back that up.

It is ******ed to think that Dana doesn't want this fight to happen, I don't know any other way to explain it. Let me look at my thesaurus real quick. Any of these should do.
                  backward, birdbrained, defective, dim, dim-witted, dopey, dull, dumbbell, dumbo, dumdum, dummy, exceptional, feeble-minded, gorked, half-witted, held back, imbecile, lamebrained, mentally defective, moronic, numbskull, opaque, pinhead, ******o, sappy, simple, simple-minded, slow, slow-witted, stupid, subnormal, touched, underachieving, weak,
                  You and Nogoshi are stating that Cyborg shouldn't even try to make 135lbs or take Dana up on his offer of Dulce Right? A smaller person who doesn't want to fight someone bigger is ducking that person? This is your stance?

Comment

The "Dolce" thing is pretty funny, really. Everything else aside, and there are many other points. That is just stupid. As if he is the only decent nutritionist in combat sports? He's just a guy that got some minor fame in MMA, and D. White is just all talk as always. That isn't to say the guy isn't good at what he does, but that is just really incredible, that this would be the entire basis. And since when is Dana White a board certified physician, and, after you answer in the affirmative that yes he is, when do you suppose he performed a physical on Cyborg?

You do have to wonder though if Dolce is himself prepared to drop everything, including other clients, to fly to Brazil for a full training camp, and if Uncle Dana would really foot the bill for such a thing as that. Just think about it for a second before you keep throwing his name around.
                    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 01-03-2013, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Also Kaps, it's pretty easy to assume that you defend Rousy simply because she is friends with Nick Diaz.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but you've gotten rather predictable in that sort of way.

Comment

Working...
                      X