Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much heat is this fight generating where you are?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much heat is this fight generating where you are?

I'm from England and I've been quite surprised by the coverage of this fight in the media. Normally, boxing is tucked away right next to horse racing but I've seen a heck of a lot of online websites of newspapers carry this fight as a big one in their sport sections.

Eg - the Guardian has done a nice, big article on it. And there's a gif section heavily featuring Pac (even referring to him as Pacman).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport

I don't remember other Pac or May fights getting this amount of coverage. Or even the 3rd Pac/JMM fight. It's weird, it's kinda like everyone knows who these two guys are now.

In terms of people, I've had the usual people text me that I would normally get for a big fight in their eyes (Pac/Floyd/Khan/Haye), nothing out of the ordinary there.

But it's pretty cool sports fans know who JMM is now, at least.

Right now its really building, everybody is asking me where to watch it

I was in times square 2 days ago and there were alot of promotional videos and posters everywhere

Comment

It's really picked, seeing 24/7 on ESPN to the weigh in on Sportscenter, I'm seeing it everywhere. Good for boxing These two earned it.

Comment

I've been really surprised by the promotion and interest in Pac-Marquez III and IV. Got invited to a fight party for tonight bout, and I was at a grocery story in my neighborhood and heard a promo for the fight being played. The guys at my bar at lunch yesterday were watching the fight coverage in Sportscenter.

Top Rank has done a really good job promoting this bout.

Comment

I haven't much about it from friends, or anyone from the African American community here in Denver.

But I work as a regional manager, so I travel every other week or so to other stores in my region, but when I make trips to the Colorado Mills mall, a mall in the Denver area with a large Latino population, I was asked about it several times the past week.

Comment

People know what they are getting when these two clash. And that's non-stop action. The buzz here is crazy.

Comment

The ESPN/HBO partnership has gotten the fight a sizable amount buzz. Today's a relatively quiet sports weekend in America with no college football on and that has helped too.

Right now the fight is on the front page of SportsIllustrated.com which is big.

Comment

This is the kind of day where it's beautiful to be a boxing fan.

People asking you about the fight, seeing people on FB/Twitter getting mad excited, mainstream sports media covering the fight - the actual fight itself and how it plays out still being a very intriguing prospect. Two wonderful fighters squaring off again, for the last time (hopefully).

Comment

no buzz at all this way.... i live in atl

haven't even heard anything about it on facebook or twitter besides HBO's posts.... noone is talking about this fight

Comment

A LOT. I live in a mexican hood though. My philipino friend wife is Mexican and I went to a Mexican supermarket with them to chip in to buy bbq stuff just 30 min ago.. Many people buying beer getting ready to watch the fight. Talked to a few and there is plenty of buzz about it. My phiipino friend went in the Mexican market with a Paquiao shirt against his wifes warning all it did was spark some debate. Another guy did the slash his neck thing at him LOL. I live in Riverside, ca.
                    Last edited by Dome; 12-08-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X