Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Spanish speakers have you gouys noticed also how bad this HBO interpreter is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep i ve noticed its when he translates spanish to english because when he translates to the fighter he seems to do ok.

And yeah he sucks he leaves out a lot of what its said and dont put anything into it.

Comment

wow i honestly thought nobody else noticed... i guess if you dont speak spanish you wouldnt now how bad this guy is but let me tell you, this guys is horrible!... the stuff he leaves out at times blows my mind....

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
        yeah, olaya is decent, thank god that ray torres in not there anymore...

Ray Torres

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
          If we're talking about the Lara fight, Lara called Vanes a Pendejo (jackass).

and yeah the translator sucks. He didn't just leave the insults out. He left out how Lara said that he would beat him every time as well as other important points.

He's just not a top level translator. I've seen better. The ones that work in government are able to do it on the fly as the original person is speaking.
          In cuba it means coward

Comment

all of them suck

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
              Ray Torres
              hahahahahaha

Comment

Olaya always do that. He translates whatever he thinks is right. That pendejo had some anger in it. Flores also sucks.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                  lmao the showtime guy is prican and hes the worst.....

Olaya(HBO's) is actually pretty good....i think he just thought it was classless of Lara to say that and didnt want to repeat it.....
                  Idiot/coward is not that bad, it's not like Lara said maricon.

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
                  yeah, olaya is decent, thank god that ray torres in not there anymore...
                  'Let me put some water on your balls"

"hey that black guy, he hits hard"

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
                    Ray Torres

Comment

there's just no way HBO has an outright bad interpreter. if that were the case he'd be replaced.

my spanish isn't nearly good enough to speak to his specific interpretations in each case, but they pay this guy a lot of money, and NE speaks that language with fluency.

these guys are in corners are not discussing plans for a nuclear reactor. it's very simple stuff. if he's bad enough that he's f#cking it up consistently he'll just be replaced. if you guys could do his job you would. if nothing else, he has a great voice for TV. if you don't you'll sound completely out of place in a broadcast. there's more going on here, methinks.

his hardest/more technical translation work is probably done in the fighter meetings, for the promos, etc, when he's not on live TV and listening to these guys talk through microphones in crowded arenas.

he's clearly got an agenda, which is probably the same as anybody else here who has a boss : "do what your boss tells you to do.."

hbo is in the business of entertaining people and selling fighters. the interpreter is going to put a "party line" type spin on whatever he's interpreting. he's trying to "sound good."
                      Last edited by New England; 11-11-2012, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X